PDA

View Full Version : Haas Pleads With Shelton Benjamin Not To Re-Sign w/ WWE

John
04-09-2010, 08:58 AM
The following is a quote from former WWE star Charlie Haas, who pleads with his former on-air tag partner Shelton Benjamin not to re-sign with WWE when his contract expires in the near future. Haas stated:

"I've got one thing to say: Shelton, your (WWE) contract is coming up - don't sign!" Haas said. "Please don't sign. You can go elsewhere. I'm telling you, there's life outside (WWE). We can go to TNA together. We can go to Ring of Honor together. Don't sign back. I'm going to get him more money that way."

WZ

Smartmark
04-09-2010, 09:09 AM
I totally agree with Haas on this one! They should both sign with ROH!!

Thanx for posting John!

STEELCITYFAN
04-09-2010, 03:36 PM
I think anyone who loves tag team wrestling would agree with this.

deadmanwalkin
04-09-2010, 03:46 PM
go to roh

Smartmark
04-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Just think about all the amazing matches we're gonna see if they both sign with ROH! :drool:

Black Widow
04-09-2010, 05:40 PM
haas is right

DUKE NUKEM
04-09-2010, 06:22 PM
i dont see them going to roh, but thats just me thanks for the post John

LionDen
04-09-2010, 07:01 PM
If he doesnt resign, I could see them going to TNA as a tag team.

Smartmark
04-09-2010, 07:05 PM
^^ And that's because? :eek:

Y0UR Messiah
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I will say they were a great tag team. It'd be awesome to see them else where and back together.

Kage
04-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Haas knows that with Benjamin, he would make so much more than he could on his own. His intentions are to make more money for himself, not to help his friend. That's what I think atleast.

catchfan II
04-09-2010, 11:20 PM
I would beg for him not to re-sign with WWE eitther so I don't have to look at him every week.

Goodbye & good riddance.

Smartmark
04-10-2010, 02:13 AM
^^ Because you want to se bad wrestling with Batista and Cena instead?? :eek:

i dont see them going to roh, but thats just me thanks for the post John

And that's why??

DUKE NUKEM
04-10-2010, 06:18 AM
^ because of money and a tv spot

Smartmark
04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
^^ Well, it's not like Shelton or Charlie got that much TV time in WWE. And I don't think they will be used that much in TNA either, cause TNA's roster is stacked at the moment, and they have big problems using all their stars.

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
I totally agree with Haas on this one! They should both sign with ROH!!

Thanx for posting John!

And die of Hunger and poverty......... yeah right :rolleyes:

Smartmark
04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
^^ Ehh...Where do you get all yout stupid comments from??

Konan
04-12-2010, 04:28 PM
wow that was pathetic .lol he just convenience to go to tna. IMO is better idea lol

aoessand
04-12-2010, 11:39 PM
the sad thing is no1 is gonna pay him more than WWE and haas is just tryn to leech off his friend...

Smartmark
04-12-2010, 11:51 PM
^^ I don't think he gets payed that much in WWE either, cause if he was I think they would use him more than he is now

NightmareRko
04-13-2010, 04:48 AM
On a tag agains the Briscoes they cant win

Smartmark
04-13-2010, 12:38 PM
^^ Yes they can, cause they are the Worlds Greatest Tag Team :D

Konan
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
^^ Yes they can, cause they are the Worlds Greatest Tag Team :D

world greatest tag team ?? who aske :shifty:

Smartmark
04-13-2010, 01:21 PM
^^ That's what they call themselves when they are a tag team :P

Konan
04-13-2010, 03:40 PM
lol thats is funny

mikedudelang
04-13-2010, 10:42 PM
I'd dig seeing 'em together in TNA.

Smartmark
04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
^^ Why should they go to TNA. With TNA's stacked roster, I don't think they will be used at all.

TJChurch
04-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Together might be good in TNA or ROH, but apart? Neither deserves a job. For Haas this is what some where I live call a "CYA" move.

Smartmark
04-14-2010, 10:20 PM
^^ They are good singles wrestlers as well. Have you seen Benjamins match against HBK a couple of years ago in the Gold Rush Tournament? It was one of RAW's best matches ever!

TJChurch
04-14-2010, 10:45 PM
I still remember going to a live "Raw" taping when Lillian introduced Shelton,... & out came Charlie. Face it; Whether it's Gayda, or just his gay friend, Charlie sucks solo.

Smartmark
04-15-2010, 02:00 AM
^^ Well, I don't agree. I've always been a fan of Charlie, and he's got some good skills. The problem is that you can't base his work on what he's done in WWE, cause he's always been used as a midcarder there.

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-15-2010, 02:58 AM
^^ Ehh...Where do you get all yout stupid comments from??

Stupid?? You think they are gonna get more money in RoH than WWE and TNA? Have you lost whatever was left of your mind? Quit dreaming about RoH this and RoH that because they are gonna go under before TNA does and as for both of these guys they both suck

TJChurch
04-15-2010, 05:03 AM
Stupid?? You think they are gonna get more money in RoH than WWE and TNA? Have you lost whatever was left of your mind? Quit dreaming about RoH this and RoH that because they are gonna go under before TNA does and as for both of these guys they both suck

ROH will outlast TNA, but neither one of them want or need Haas.

Smartmark
04-15-2010, 03:36 PM

Did I mention money? I don't think so! I only said that they are gonna get more ringtime in ROH!
Next time I suggest that you read what I write before you comment!

ROH are not gonna die, whetever you like it or not!

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Dying due to hunger and poverty means money understand what is being said around here

Smartmark
04-15-2010, 05:45 PM
^^ You are just a hater. Go back to watch your mainstream wrestling shows!

TJChurch
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Did I mention money? I don't think so! I only said that they are gonna get more ringtime in ROH!
Next time I suggest that you read what I write before you comment!

ROH are not gonna die, whetever you like it or not!

Perhaps, but not before the fanbases for Haas & Benjamin, which are already brain-dead if not entirely so.

Smartmark
04-16-2010, 02:06 AM
I just say that the ROH fans would love WGTT in ROH, and they would no doubt be appreciated for their work

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 02:08 AM
I just say that the ROH fans would love WGTT in ROH, and they would no doubt be appreciated for their work

Not when ROH fans are also getting groups like MCMG, where they also work hard, & it actually accomplishes anything.

I don't see WGTT getting much of a fanbase compared to some like MCMG in TNA, & ROH gets that & others, so it could potentially be even worse.

Smartmark
04-16-2010, 02:10 AM
Well, as a big ROH fan, I know I would love to see WGTT go against tag teams like MCMG's, Briscoes, Young Bucks, American Wolves etc.

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 02:13 AM
Well, as a big ROH fan, I know I would love to see WGTT go against tag teams like MCMG's, Briscoes, Young Bucks, American Wolves etc.

I have a ton of ROH DVDs (not to mention matches I've downloaded) with several of those people & others... While seeing those teams face-off might be good, I don't see Benjamin as having any better solo success in ROH than he has in WWE.

Smartmark
04-16-2010, 02:18 AM
^^ Maybe not, but I disagree. I guess the only thing we can do is to wait and see

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 02:23 AM
^^ Maybe not, but I disagree. I guess the only thing we can do is to wait and see

Or not see, if he/they do the right thing, & he doesn't end up there.

Smartmark
04-16-2010, 02:29 AM
^^ I don't get you at all :P

It's like you say it would be a bad thing of they ended up in ROH.

Ever seen any of James Gibsons matches in ROH? He was great in ROH, but he got jobbed out in WWE. He did lose his Title to Hornswoggle for christ sake! :P
He even said in his farewell speech on ROH that ROH was the greatest company he ever worked for, and that they had the greatest wrestling fans in the world.

That's the reason why I think Haas and Benjamin should end up in ROH. Because their talent would be appreciated, and they wouldn't be jobbed out.

I I where a wrestler and could choose between WWE/TNA and ROH. I would have no problem with choosing ROH. Not because of the money, but the fact that I would know that I would get ringtime, and that the fans appreciated what I did.

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 02:43 AM
^^ I don't get you at all :P

It's like you say it would be a bad thing of they ended up in ROH.

Ever seen any of James Gibsons matches in ROH? He was great in ROH, but he got jobbed out in WWE. He did lose his Title to Hornswoggle for christ sake! :P
He even said in his farewell speech on ROH that ROH was the greatest company he ever worked for, and that they had the greatest wrestling fans in the world.

That's the reason why I think Haas and Benjamin should end up in ROH. Because their talent would be appreciated, and they wouldn't be jobbed out.

I I where a wrestler and could choose between WWE/TNA and ROH. I would have no problem with choosing ROH. Not because of the money, but the fact that I would know that I would get ringtime, and that the fans appreciated what I did.

Did you not read what I wrote? I've seen several ROH matches that included stars of WWE & TNA.

But it's like I always say when WWE releases people: Why do people always talk about Vince misusing them or not using them enough? Can't it be that the guy just sucked?

Understand I'm not saying at all that such was the case with Gibson, Kendrick, or several other stars... But with Haas, Benjamin (that I can recall), & lots of others, it is.

Yes, I agree that ROH are incredibly appreciative when you show them something good, but if you've gotten nothing good to show them, don't blame them for then being incredibly silent.

Smartmark
04-16-2010, 03:11 AM
^^ I kinda agree. Only thing I say is give the guys a chance to prove themselves worthy for ROH. I think they would do good!

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 03:20 AM
^^ I kinda agree. Only thing I say is give the guys a chance to prove themselves worthy for ROH. I think they would do good!

They were given that chance... The company they work for may change, & their calendars & paychecks may also change, but their talent level won't increase, & it doesn't make them watchable/viable at this moment.

Smartmark
04-16-2010, 03:25 AM
^^ They where never given the chance in ROH

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 03:37 AM
^^ They where never given the chance in ROH

But they "where" in WWE, & they don't have what it takes.

Smartmark
04-16-2010, 03:40 AM
^^ The problem is that in WWE there are several other wrestlers who has better charisma than Benjamin & Haas, and WWE tend to push people who have the mic skills and charisma over wrestling skills.

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 03:43 AM
^^ The problem is that in WWE there are several other wrestlers who has better charisma than Benjamin & Haas, and WWE tend to push people who have the mic skills and charisma over wrestling skills.

Looking at a guy like Daniel Bryan, not to mention several others on the 2 main shows, I have to disagree. Besides, even when they had Heyman, Angle, etc. to talk for them, they were better than they are now, b/c they had each other. In ROH, they would still be decent, so long as they teamed. My feeling on this whole topic is that's the main reason why Haas wants Benjamin to break from WWE again; So they can work together. But if any company decides (& they eventually would) to break them up, they would see each other again in Unemployment.

Smartmark
04-16-2010, 03:49 AM
^^ I agree with you that they are best as a tag team. It's like Briscoe Brothers. I always found them boring as single wrestlers, but they kick ass together!

Many tag team wrestlers have that problem, at least in my eyes. But Shelton manage to work good as a single wrestler as well.
Haas might not be that good as a single wrestlers, but I think he would do good in ROH nevertheless.

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 03:51 AM
But Shelton manage to work good as a single wrestler as well.
Haas might not be that good as a single wrestlers, but I think he would do good in ROH nevertheless.

I can't recall the last time I saw Shelton as a decent singles wrestler. As for Haas, I think I posted this earlier, but the last things I remember of him was being mis-IDed as Shelton & his time on WWE TV playing other people.

Travicity
04-16-2010, 04:09 AM
Lol what's going on here an argument over this wouldnt expect it.

Im happy Haas is asking for Benjamin to leave. I hope Carlito leaves as well. They're talent arent being used and WWE should realise this and not keep them around if they don't have anything for them. I'd love Benjamin to get out as well as Carlito as well as Gibson lol.

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 04:11 AM
They're talent arent being used and WWE should realise this and not keep them around if they don't have anything for them.

You have that backwards; The talent they have has been used several ways & times, & they no longer have anything for WWE.

Travicity
04-16-2010, 04:23 AM
Yea back in 2005 they were pretty good and WWE no longer has anything for them if so then why keep them around? Just so TNA can't snap them up?

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 04:29 AM
Yea back in 2005 they were pretty good and WWE no longer has anything for them if so then why keep them around? Just so TNA can't snap them up?

That has nothing to do with it; There are a few in WWE that TNA wouldn't take if available, & vice-versa.

Thinking about it, I have to say that many of these folks (at least on the WWE-to-TNA side) have done their best televised work in WWE's Tag Division, which has been often ripped apart.

Smartmark
04-16-2010, 04:42 AM
Lol what's going on here an argument over this wouldnt expect it.

Im happy Haas is asking for Benjamin to leave. I hope Carlito leaves as well. They're talent arent being used and WWE should realise this and not keep them around if they don't have anything for them. I'd love Benjamin to get out as well as Carlito as well as Gibson lol.

Carlito would also be great in ROH! :D

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 04:43 AM
Carlito would also be great in ROH! :D

I think it says enough that neither he nor his brother can get steady work in his father's organization.

tapout
04-16-2010, 06:03 AM
People laugh a Haas copying other peoples gimmicks for that run he had. Not only did he do them he did them EXTREMELY well. Doing a different someone elses gimmick week after week (in many cases nearly as well as the person he was copying) has got to be one of the harder things to pull off. Not only was he imitating their mic skills but their finishers too.

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 06:05 AM
People laugh a Haas copying other peoples gimmicks for that run he had. Not only did he do them he did them EXTREMELY well. Doing a different someone elses gimmick week after week (in many cases nearly as well as the person he was copying) has got to be one of the harder things to pull off. Not only was he imitating their mic skills but their finishers too.

Which means he's maybe a good actor; Says nothing for his skill level as a wrestler... Some would say it's partly b/c he'd completely tired/used-up his abilities as a wrestler himself.

tapout
04-16-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm not going to say his wrestling skills are the best in the company but he is better than 90% of all the muscleheads that get major pushes. He was extremely good with Shelton. Too small to fit the mold that WWE has seemingly taken for major singles success and not quite fast enough to compete with Rey or Bourne. Very solid abilities that was under-utilized once the tag team was broken up. Also since WWE would rather give him a raise than let him leave someone had to think he had abilities. Too bad creative couldn't/wouldn't use him.

Smartmark
04-16-2010, 09:05 PM
^^ word!

TJChurch
04-16-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm not going to say his wrestling skills are the best in the company but he is better than 90% of all the muscleheads that get major pushes. He was extremely good with Shelton. Too small to fit the mold that WWE has seemingly taken for major singles success and not quite fast enough to compete with Rey or Bourne. Very solid abilities that was under-utilized once the tag team was broken up. Also since WWE would rather give him a raise than let him leave someone had to think he had abilities. Too bad creative couldn't/wouldn't use him.

He was good with Shelton, & vice-versa, but suck solo. (Shelton was better of the 2, & even he needs cut now.) "Creative wouldn't use him"? Puh-leeze. They can write you to do anything, but if you can't physically do it, it doesn't matter.

Yeah, he's better than a lot of the muscleheads getting pushes, but not better than much of the midcard.

RKblOw
04-17-2010, 01:50 AM
Haas sounds like a leach, a hanger on, only looking out for himself. Haas will make more money with Benjamin with him than without him.

TJChurch
04-17-2010, 03:15 AM
Haas sounds like a leach, a hanger on, only looking out for himself. Haas will make more money with Benjamin with him than without him.

I agree.