PDA

View Full Version : Backstage Update: The Future Of WWE NXT?

John
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Source: PWInsider.com

As reported earlier, WWE SmackDown moving to the SyFy Channel this fall could spell the end of the company's new NXT show on the cable network. While there was talk that the series was "canceled," WWE is reportedly not ready to pull the plug yet and is currently seeking a new home for the show.

According to sources, WWE has had preliminary discussions with the Bravo cable network, which is also part of the NBC Universal family (along with USA Network & SyFy.) There's also the possibility of airing the show on WWE.com.

John
04-13-2010, 07:09 PM
UPDATE

The PWInsider.com website reported today that WWE NXT will be canceled off SyFy when Smackdown moves to the network this fall. While that report is accurate, I was told this morning that WWE NXT will likely finish after the first "season" of the show concludes in mid-June. It's unknown at this point what is going to happen from the end of June until Smackdown moves to the network, but it is possible there will not be any WWE programming on the network for those months.

WWE officials are high up on the NXT concept and if they are unable to find a network to pick up the series there is talk within the company about incorporating the series into either Raw or Smackdown, much like what the company did with their Tough Enough reality series when it lost its TV deal with MTV.

The cancellation of WWE NXT comes as no surprise as officials from both WWE and SyFy were disappointed with the numbers ECW was doing which is what created the NXT concept. Several weeks in, the series has actually done lower ratings than ECW, which ended up being the writing on the wall.

Smartmark
04-13-2010, 07:56 PM
:lmao:

I knew it never would live long

Thanx for posting John!

mikedudelang
04-13-2010, 11:22 PM
I love that it's failing. Also, I think combining them w/ WWE Superstars is one of the reasons it's failing. Personally, I'd rather they try and put on a storyline-based show withjust the rookies.

Big Evil
04-14-2010, 12:29 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a segment or two on RAW and Smackdown! with the NXT guys, but I don't want it to be too drawn out. If that is where the wrestling is going to be at, sure, but I don't want to see some stupid interview segments or anything. Just competition.

TJChurch
04-14-2010, 04:46 AM
A segment or 2 would be good, but why on Raw or SD? Isn't that where they're trying to get anyway?

DUKE NUKEM
04-14-2010, 06:18 AM
thanks for the update John

Konan
04-14-2010, 08:14 AM
:lmao:

I knew it never would live long

Thanx for posting John!

Sure, cancel the most entertaining program you have going. Don't blame it on the ratings.

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-14-2010, 09:33 AM
if WWE thought that NXT was gonna get better ratings than ECW then they are fools. I mean you expect people like Skip Sheffield and Otunga to draw more than Regal and Christian...... yeah that's gonna happen