PDA

View Full Version : WWE to Ban Ladder Matches.

John
04-20-2010, 10:52 AM
From wrestlingnews.com

"There has been a on going talk backstage on whether ladder matches should be banned with a upcoming MITB PPV the creative team are thinking of a new idea on how to win it (e.g normal match) The TLC PPV on the other hand could be scrapped alltogether. We will have more news later on this huge rumor"

The Mac
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM
maybe they could make it a scramble match?
30 min time limit last man with a pinfall wins the contract

Konan
04-20-2010, 11:53 AM
thats shit ..thats why i m asking tna rocksssssssssssssssssss

The Mac
04-20-2010, 12:26 PM
i didnt think my iidea was that bad lol

LionDen
04-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Goodbye old WWE ... Hello new political front WWE.

Smartmark
04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Ladder Matches now??? Jiiizes christ! Last they they debuted with the TLC PPV, and now they are gonna scrap it?

This is starting to get way out of hand!

deadmanwalkin
04-20-2010, 03:20 PM
ok wtf wwe

ur gay

ArJay
04-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Ok umm, yeah..fuck this I'm not defending WWE on this one lol.

HAR
04-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Well, I don't think this is true, it's just a rumor for now. Ladder matches has been a huge money maker for WWE for years.

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-20-2010, 05:49 PM
I like Mac's suggestion but come on might as well ban wrestling altogether

DUKE NUKEM
04-20-2010, 06:26 PM
thanks for the post John

That Rob
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
It's just a rumor, nothing to it right now. When Money in the Bank becomes a debate on World Affairs then I'll believe that the ladder match is gone.

I can't defend the WWE on this decision if it happens though. At least there was a valid reason to ban chairshots to the head

hardcoregamer16
04-20-2010, 08:13 PM
all this because his fucking wife wants to get elected in CT WTF Hey Vince keep forcing fans to jump to TNA you dumbass.

Smartmark
04-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, I don't think this is true, it's just a rumor for now. Ladder matches has been a huge money maker for WWE for years.

I don't see why this is just a rumour. Cause everything else WWE did turned out to be true.

Swinny
04-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Well... I hope the decision is ultimately made to keep ladder matches, but if not, well... that's just a completely ridiculous move by the WWE.

jedi71
04-20-2010, 08:54 PM
wtf is with wwe this company is getting stupider by the day. i get no chairshots to the head i really do and i get wwe trying to change there image but no ladder matches in wrestling really. what is next no more hell in a cell matches or cage matches im getting tired of this company fast.

Smartmark
04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
^^ I'm gonna tell yah, you probably are right. Cage Matches and other extreme matches will go next.

I wonder what they will do with their new PPV's :think:

Travicity
04-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Ban Ladder Matches and hey scrap Cell and Cage matches. Tables ban them as well. Hell make the ring's out of trampolines as well

Smartmark
04-20-2010, 09:57 PM
^^ Yeah, so nobody ever gets hurt! And hey, maybe they should have kids wrestling for them as well. That would be PG-Rating wouldn't it? :P

Y0UR Messiah
04-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Ugh...what next? No Cage matches?!

Then what...no HIAC.

This is becoming way too much like old school wrestling crap without blood or entertainment.

Smartmark
04-20-2010, 10:28 PM
^^ Nothing wrong with Old-Skool wrestling. But hey, WWE doesn't even have wrestling anymore :P

Travicity
04-20-2010, 10:33 PM
old school wrestling crap? Im confused by this old school wrestling was rasslin' and it was entertainment and actual wrestling and had blood lol. WWE is the exact opposite of Old school wrestling which is actual wrestling ;)

Yea E they should have midget and women intermixed tag matches as well.

Kage
04-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Why would they ban ladder matches? That doesn't make any sense.

Smartmark
04-20-2010, 11:34 PM
^^ Because it's dangerous, and not PG-rated enough I believe

That Rob
04-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Ugh...what next? No Cage matches?!

Then what...no HIAC.

This is becoming way too much like old school wrestling crap without blood or entertainment.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about but it's cool.

Y0UR Messiah
04-21-2010, 01:40 AM
Don't think you understand what I was saying.

Wrestling, in WWE, is slowly becoming more and more like the old school style they use to have when the likes of the Warrior and Macho Man were around. Which is just fucking sad. What makes it worse is that no wrestling is being involved any more, hints, the no entertainment statement. But even the old school WWE had blood in it, which was fun to watch some times, but now we don't have that.

Basically, WWE is slowly turning into a product with no wrestling, no action, no nothing. In the long run, if they don't change, they'll go out of business.

Hope that explains my statement "Just Rob" and hopefully in the future, you can either agree or disagree with someone's statement instead of just saying "I have no idea what I'm talking about". Show some respect man.

Smartmark
04-21-2010, 02:02 AM
^^ WORD!

I used to watch WWE. Not on a regular basis, but still. But when WWE is on the telly now, I quickly switch channels. It's the same matches all the time, and they are slowly killing their product. For instance, when are they gonna stop with this Guest Host crap? And when are they gonna have someone else than Cena in the main event?

Big Evil
04-21-2010, 02:16 AM
I said that WWE was turning me away when they announced chair shots to the head were being banned. When they went to this whole 'child-approved' crap aimed at children. It's still wrestling, and if they think aiming a kid-friendly product at children is going to result in anything but more kids getting hurt and killed by trying to wrestle then they are fooling themselves. Is more product revenue worth lives? No, but now they are banning another entity in professional wrestling: ladders. Really? Why not remove the ring and wrestle on mattresses so the wrestlers don't get hurt? Better yet, lets just turn RAW, Smackdown, and NXT into talk shows, because that seems to be all the WWE consists of anymore. Sure, there are matches here and there, but what is the point of watching when they are slowly bleeding every entertaining aspect out of a match? I hate to say this as a long-time WWE fan, I may be tuning into TNA a lot more and not even thinking so much about WWE anymore.

The Mac
04-21-2010, 02:22 AM
they r making it more family friendly for multiple reasons
1. linda mcmahon's ridiclous political dreams she cant be associated with
a product that beats ppl with weapons
2. they r trying to make their fanbase younger cuz all us fans r getting older
and lots r losing interest but wcw had/tried the same thing and look what happened
3. cena is always in the main event cuz he is the one same as hulk and austin before him
plus he is a publicity dream cuz of all his voulnteer work
wwe is becoming a shell of its former self

Big Evil
04-21-2010, 02:42 AM
^^^ That last line sells your whole argument...

The WWE is becoming a shell of its former self...

Couldn't be truer.

The Mac
04-21-2010, 02:44 AM
thanks
and its too bad its true

Y0UR Messiah
04-21-2010, 03:28 AM
Totally agree. I'm just waiting for the day they start with the kiddy gimmicks again. When that moment happens I think I'll finally be done with the WWE until they can take Vince and Linda's heads out of there asses.

I mean really, they gave us a product for years that people loved. It put both ECW and WCW out of business with the way the ran things. Now, all of a sudden because they "think" Linda is going to be in government, that they can change the way they do business and still draw the same fans that have been watching them.

I'm sorry, but it's like going to McDonald's and ordering a Big Mac only to be told that they only server veggie burgers now.

I mean come on!

The Mac
04-21-2010, 03:31 AM
ya i miss the mid 90's to mid 200's
those were the golden times of wrestling

Punisher
04-21-2010, 05:00 AM
Besides superstar saftey I cant really see there any good reason to defend this. Chairshots to the head, they arent going to any money on. But ladder match a popular fav amongst fans, might hurt after a while

The Mac
04-21-2010, 05:06 AM
ppl can get hurt walkin down the ring steps
thre havent been too many injuries directly tied to ladder matches
if its cuz of superstar safety u gotta get rid of hell in a cell cuz mick got hurt bad
and no cage or elimination chamber cuz u hit the steel, no last man standing matches due to all the weapons
and the risk of having to get hurt so bad to not get up, iron man matches r to stressful they might as well
change the name to the twe: thumb wrestling entertainment.... wait maybe they will break a nail
haha

Smartmark
04-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Aren't people who decides to be wrestlers in the first place aware of the danger of being a wrestler? :eek:

Those who run WWE are to much hysterical when it comes to all this "people can hurt themselves" stuff. Besides, Linda McMahon will never get into politics, so why don't WWE do themselves a favour and bring back the bloody wrestling?!? :tantrum:

The Mac
04-21-2010, 05:16 AM
exactly wwe will lose 100 fans for every fan they gain
with this family friendly crap

Travicity
04-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Im afraid that already exists. It's in it's 5th series or something in the uk doing pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k51jG7u0Tcs

Oh you mean WWE Old school crap wrestling? Oh ok then. I thought you were ripping on AWA/NWA etc lol.

The Mac
04-21-2010, 07:00 AM
thats why i called mine the twe lol

Konan
04-21-2010, 07:14 AM
wwe starting his moral down

The Mac
04-21-2010, 07:31 AM
u would have thought vince learned his wrestling when wcw came out with there edgier program
wwe became #2 till they changed and became more sexy, more violent lots of blood and half naked women
then the monday night wars were really a battle till the merger in time warner/aol/turner caused wcw to have a more
family orienated show... and the ratings tanked till there were no real ratings left so vince bought them
and continued his blood, gore naked women program to high ratings then he started slowly bringin the women out
to wrestle more and ratings dropped a little, now they just fight, no blood really and ratings r slipping so whats his answer
make it more family friendly... its like he wants us to watch tna, and i never really liked tna untill the last year
vince has given me no choice its the only real wrestling on tv anymore
im not sure if anyone remembers but when nwo first came back to wwe vince said he was killing his creation with
a lethel dose of poison known as the nwo..... but now he has injected wwe with a poison.......
and its called LINDA lol

Black Widow
04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
remember back to the thread where they banned chair shots to the head take a look at my post were i mentioned ladder matches would be next and the MITB ppv would be cut.. some members over reacted a little lol...

told you so it would come to this :)

Smartmark
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
^^ I know, and remember that I and Travis said Cage/HIAC matches are going to go next :P

Konan
04-21-2010, 04:21 PM
^^ I know, and remember that I and Travis said Cage/HIAC matches are going to go next :P

lol my guess is now wwe is gone .lol :P

Y0UR Messiah
04-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Yep, it's only a matter of time before we see wrestlers wearing headgear like REAL college and high school wrestling...god this just fucking sucks.

The Mac
04-21-2010, 06:46 PM
ya its only a matter of time

Smartmark
04-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Yep, it's only a matter of time before we see wrestlers wearing headgear like REAL college and high school wrestling...god this just fucking sucks.

Haven't Ted Dibiase or Cody Rhodes already started with that? :P

The Mac
04-21-2010, 07:11 PM
ya cody is

Travicity
04-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh dude pwnage. Swagger vs Cody Rhodes headgear high school wrestling match yees.!!!

The Mac
04-21-2010, 07:46 PM
haha

aoessand
04-21-2010, 09:34 PM
just ban everything and go to college rules wrestling man they are killing themselves pretty soon WWE is gonna die or have a real wake up call cause everyone is gonna be watching TNA i love WWF/WWE i have watched them for 20+ years so dont call me some TNA fan boi but lately they have been better...

The Mac
04-21-2010, 09:52 PM
i kno its pathetic
wwe needs to get back to having exciting matches
and not onlu having cena or orton or hh wrestling in main event

Bubala
04-21-2010, 10:04 PM
I think WWE should just get to it, and ban the whole wrestling part too. First it was nothing over PG 13, than no blood, than no chair shots, and now no ladders. Um...maybe WWE should just find a new hobby. I can see it now WWE presents Batista, and John Cena in the karaoke/bake off match for the World Heavyweight Championship Apron.

The Mac
04-21-2010, 10:05 PM
haha
no they could burn themselves
to dangerous

Konan
04-22-2010, 07:24 AM
wwe is shut in coming years and tna rules ..its better to watch tna rather then wwe .i really miss old wwe.why vince do this .itss because of linda.?? i guess linda is responsible for this if wwe lose their viewers .

The Mac
04-22-2010, 07:32 AM
yup its all her fault cuz of the
stupid senate run she cant be associated
with anything that makes her look bad

Konan
04-22-2010, 07:47 AM
yup its all her fault cuz of the
stupid senate run she cant be associated
with anything that makes her look bad

so what excatly vince think.. whats the future of wwe in his mind,.its means he taker care of linda not wwe fans .thats reallly pathetic .why we should watch wwe knowing that vince never care of us..he rapidly ban every thing which entertain us the most.wwe is in deep trouble.this is the end of wwe and beginning of tna i.tna goes higher .

The Mac
04-22-2010, 07:55 AM
yup like i said before
wwe is a shell of its former self

Konan
04-22-2010, 07:58 AM
yup like i said before
wwe is a shell of its former self

so we calll wwe as crap show.??:lol:

The Mac
04-22-2010, 08:08 AM
yup

Black Widow
04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
:laugh: oh god wonders how extreme etreme rules will be :P

sumo suits for extra padding

Konan
04-22-2010, 01:26 PM
nope the ppv names should be ""don't be extreme rules""

The Mac
04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
maybe soon raw will just be a video of a guy
filming himself playing with his wrestling figures
and coloring red on the faces for blood lol

cullumfan
04-23-2010, 05:24 AM
more crap from old vince- hello tna

The Mac
04-23-2010, 06:06 AM
its more linda then vince

Konan
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
its more linda then vince

hey now i saw the power of wife lol vince is crapping.and just serve his wife.oh GOD wife???? :P