PDA

View Full Version : Dana White calls Strikeforce a "bush league product"

Pumphrey94
04-20-2010, 11:51 PM
UFC President Dana White called Strikeforce "a bush league product", following the embarrassing brawl incident at the Strikeforce: Nashville main event. In a conversation with Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole, White revealed that he expects Scott Coker's promotion to go out of business in the next month, just like Elite XC:

"Everyone knows that they didn't belong on CBS. Even if you're the biggest UFC hater out there, you know that. Shame on CBS for this. They knew they should have been with us, but they went out and let those Showtime idiots talk them into going with Elite XC. Now, they're stuck with a bush league, C-level promotion that will probably be out of business next month."

According to the Overnight TV Ratings, Strikeforce: Nashville drew 2.63 million viewers on CBS, 30% less than the Fedor vs Rogers fight card. Despite Dana White's prophecy, Strikeforce are expected to return to action with "Heavy Artillery" on May 15th. The event will be headlined by the Strikeforce Heavyweight title fight between Alistair Overeem and Brett "The Grim" Rogers.

The Mac
04-20-2010, 11:55 PM
hes partly right the key demo watched
ufc replay more then the strikeforce card

Pumphrey94
04-20-2010, 11:59 PM
^ yea if strikeforce goes out of business i hope 2 see alote of talent rogers, arlovski,fedor,shields,king mo and more in the UFC would be awsome

The Mac
04-21-2010, 12:05 AM
arlofski isnt the same as he used to be
i hope to see shields, scott smith, cung le, diaz, rogers, and i guess fedor
but i dont think he will sign

Pumphrey94
04-21-2010, 12:21 AM
yea but for sum reason arlovski is awsome 2 me idk why

The Mac
04-21-2010, 12:27 AM
he's a exciting fighter
he eithers knocks the guy out
or he gets knocked out trying

The Ultimate Fighter
04-21-2010, 02:56 AM
Strikeforce is decent but their talent level apart from the top 3-4 guys in each division isnt very deep or that good.

The Mac
04-21-2010, 02:58 AM
ya pretty much they have no depth