PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Addresses his Contract Status on his Blog

Kellie
05-01-2010, 04:00 AM
In his latest blog on his website, Jim Ross addressed his current contract status as well as other interests. For the full blog you can find it by clicking here. (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/rumorssetting-record-straight-its-likely-not-what-you-think1988-original-bbq-sauce-offer)

On his contract status:

This matter is much more simple than many perceive. My WWE 'talent contract' has ended after a 17+ year run with the company. However, I am still a WWE employee handling the same talent relations functions that I have executed for the company for the past few years including since moving to Oklahoma. I simply do not have a 'talent contract' as WWE has no plans to utilize me as an on air talent at this time.

The WWE engaged in talks with me on Thursday of this week to discuss a new job description that would include what I am now doing along with other talent relations oriented matters. I am considering this offer and I trust that a decision will be made soon regarding this opportunity.

He also provided some answers to e-mail questions on the following subjects:

On Making Personal Appearances:

Yes...I may try and make a few more personal appearances in the future. I have made very, very few in my career but I like meeting and interacting with fans. I'm still a pro wrestling fan.

On having a final broadcast:

No...I am not 'angry' at the turn of events as it relates to my WWE broadcasting career. Disappointed, yes. Angry, no. Obviously, I would have liked to have had the ability to do a 'farewell broadcast' but that opportunity never occurred.

On whether he thought his health was an issue:

No...I don't think that my health issues had any thing to do with me not returning to the air but instead I think that it is a concerted effort for WWE to build for the future and attempt to develop their younger broadcasters. That's my assumption and I might be wrong as no one has told me specifically.

PWI

Smartmark
05-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Thanx for the update Kellie!

DUKE NUKEM
05-01-2010, 06:35 AM
thanks for the post Kellie

vdirico
05-03-2010, 10:29 PM
thanks for the update.

lonny23
05-03-2010, 11:12 PM