PDA

View Full Version : Great Khali Interview

John
05-01-2010, 05:50 PM
The big guy is actually a big softie at heart. That is what one learnt about US-based wrestler Khali, part of the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), in Mumbai for a promotion.

Khali, who has spawned a generation of young wrestlers aspiring to become part of the glitzy WWE family, wants to go back to the relatively peaceful task of farming once he is done with wrestling.

Excerpts from a freewheeling interview with India's man of the mat Khali.

Wrestling in the ring is very different from the mainstream competitive wrestling at the Olympics. Which one do you prefer?
I think competitive wrestling is entertainment for oneself, whereas the WWE type of combat is entertainment for others. I love to entertain other people.

Tell me a little about your school days.
I always believed in having a good rapport with others, but I think my physique might have deterred other students from picking a fight with me.

You have been in WWE for so many years; you have also been crowned as the king of WWE. Which is your most memorable fight?
When I entered WWE, I was the happiest man, since it was a dream come true. But when I defeated Undertaker, I felt proud.

You are still working with Punjab police. Earlier some controversies had erupted between you and them. What was it about?
When a low profile man like me gets exposure on the global stage, it's obvious that I'll have to face criticism from my fraternity. Many people are jealous of my fame. I am still a sub inspector with Punjab Police, associated with the headquarters.

Is Khali, the toughie in the ring, a real softie when it comes to love?
When I first came to Mumbai in the '90s, I saw people gifting red roses to their beloved, I then decided to offer red roses to my girlfriend (Harpinder), who is now my wife, at Juhu beach. I would come to the city at least five times a year with her. I am very comfortable in Mumbai.

What have you thought of the future? Will you settle in the US after retirement or would you return to India?
I love my country more than anything. I have more than 150 acres of land. I plan to start farming after retirement.

Why farming? You can start a wrestling training academy.
I would not like to continue in the same profession post-retirement. In my profession, the organisers kick our butts to win a fight. On the other hand, farming is a cool job without any pressures.

mid-day.com

Kenpachi Zaraki
05-02-2010, 06:23 PM
150 acres where the fuck did he get that sort of land??