PDA

View Full Version : Jack Swagger discuses several topics - Details

John
05-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Mike Mooneyham of The Charleston Post And Courier has a really good interview up with World Champion Jack Swagger to promote this Tuesday's Smackdown taping in South Carolina. You can read the full article at this link (http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/may/02/world-champ-swagger-climbing-wwe-ladder/). Some highlights from the article:

On his fast rise in WWE and winning the World Title:

“It’s been unbelievable. It’s such an incredible honor. I don’t think it’s completely sunk in yet. This last month or so has been so surreal. I’ve tried to enjoy it a much as I can.”

“It was very fast. Hopefully it says something about the confidence WWE has in me. I intend to prove to WWE and the fans that I am a champion, I am credible and I’m going to be here for awhile.”

On being a fan of amateur and pro wrestling:

“I’m a fan of all forms of wrestling ... Olympic style, collegiate, professional. Just the larger-than-life atmosphere that comes across on TV is really what drew me in. I was in the fifth or sixth grade, and I really got hooked on the Monday Night Wars. It was really good television.”

On learning about the history of wrestling:

“One of the first things I did once I signed with WWE was learn about every Oklahoman in the business. Whether it was Cowboy Bill Watts, J.R., Danny Hodge, the late “Dr. Death” Steve Williams, who was a great friend of mine ... all of those guys were instrumental in making UWF (Universal Wrestling Federation) as great as it was. I got to meet Cowboy Bill Watts for the first time at Wrestlemania 25. What a conversation that was. He’s quite a character.”

His relationship with the legendary Danny Hodge:

“I grew up with his grandson. We’re the same age and we wrestled throughout high school together. Every year for the past three years Danny and I have been on the same ball team for the Oklahoma wrestling team’s fundraiser. So we get together at least once a year and talk shop.”

His dream match:

“A dual program with The Undertaker, who I think is the greatest wrestler ever, and Rey Mysterio. It would be Jack Swagger vs. Rey Mysterio vs. The Undertaker for the world heavyweight title. That would be great.”