PDA

View Full Version : WWE being PG, TNA's failed war, and more

Konan
05-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Jim Ross updated his blog at JRsBarBQ.com and here are some highlights:

"Yes...I do believe that WWE will be PG rated for the long haul. It is much more advertiser and family friendly which simply makes common and business sense. If fans complain about creative it rarely has any thing to do with the PG rating or whatever as it usually pertains to the creative itself being lame or poorly executed. Bad humor is bad humor. Bad acting is bad acting and matches that make no logical sense happening still won't make any sense no matter the TV rating."

"O.K....a fan pointed out that he predicted that TNA would not last on Monday night and that I thought that they had a fighting chance. I was assuming that TNA would produce a more compelling, TV product too so I assume I was wrong on two fronts. Shame on me. I remain for all wrestling companies on TV, WWE, TNA, and ROH to do well. Again, the putting someone out of business mantra is antiquated and essentially stupid."

"No...I do not have an issue with Ric Flair wrestling but I do think that Ric should be wrestling perhaps 2-3 times per year and likely never on free TV. That's just my opinion. Flair adds much more to any TV show when he is talking or at ringside. I do not have an issue with Ric performing after his ballyhooed retirement from WWE at WM24. Pro wrestling retirements rarely last...just do the math...and people need to earn a living."

DUKE NUKEM
05-08-2010, 04:19 PM
thanks for the post konan

jedi71
05-09-2010, 05:31 PM
agree with jim flair should only wrestle once or twice a year at tnas big ppvs like slamaversary and bound for glory not weekly like he has been.

Metalitia
05-10-2010, 02:00 AM
Thanks for posting this, often a pretty good read seeing JRs thoughts.