PDA

View Full Version : Shepherd: 'Corrie fans like nice David'

John
05-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Coronation Street star Jack P. Shepherd has claimed that the soap's fans are enjoying seeing David Platt's softer side.

In recent weeks, the actor's character has ditched his wicked ways in order to concentrate on helping mum Gail (Helen Worth) as she awaits trial for murder.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Shepherd revealed that he has noticed a change in his interactions with viewers since the plotline began.

The 22-year-old explained: "I've received some really nice feedback from viewers recently. They haven't been shouting obscenities or anything, which is good!"

Despite getting an easier time on the street, Shepherd confirmed that he does not want David to stay a reformed character forever.

He explained: "I'll be glad when this is all over and I can get back to being evil again! Don't get me wrong, it's been really nice to play a different side to David, and that's the great thing about this character. He's not bad all the time.

"I think viewers have really enjoyed watching him take a step back from being mischievous. He seems to be helping out in the community wherever he can now, and has even made friends with his enemy Gary. I think it's just weird, personally!"