PDA

View Full Version : Wanderlei Silva Talks About His Fight With Yoshihiro Akiyama At UFC 116

Konan
05-25-2010, 06:08 AM
MMA legend, Wanderlei Silva is talking about his upcoming fight with UFC Middleweight, Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 116 on July 3, saying he respects the toughness of Akiyama.

Speaking via Tatame, Wanderlei said:

“It’ll be the professor Rafael (Cordeiro) who will deal with it and guide the sparring to do it the way it must be done. Akiyama is really tough, a good guy, who was an athlete for all his life through. He has a good ground game, Akiyama is really strong.”

Speaking on the upcoming fight, Silva said:

“It’ll be an interesting fight, it’s a good fight for me because he goes forward and goes with the flow, he doesn’t run off. I believe the fight will be busy, a big show. I want to keep on fighting for the next six years, at least until I’m forty. This division change was good, I had to change my diet and I’m feeling just fine.”

This will be Silva's second fight in the Middleweight division since joining the UFC after he defeated Michael Bisping via Unanimous Decision at UFC 110. Another victory at UFC 116 will put Wanderlei rite into the picture for the UFC Middleweight championship.