PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Blogs: HBK's Status, Bret Hart, Batista-MMA, Russo

Kellie
07-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Jim Ross has posted a new blog entry, here are the highlights…

On Bret Hart: Got a nice email from Bret Hart today who's getting married in Calgary on July 24, as I understand it. We will be sending Hitman more J.R.'s BBQ Sauce, Chipotle Ketchup and Beef Jerky to his home in Hawaii for a wedding gift. We have a standing invite from Bret to visit him in Hawaii any time which I hope to be able to take advantage of sooner than later.

On Shawn Michaels: Emailer...the last text I received from HBK he said he was relaxing and enjoying being a Dad and a Husband and was having a great "family summer." HBK continues to do a significant amount of church work as well. Shawn may be the first, big time wrestling superstar to 'retire' from pro wrestling since Jack Brisco to stay retired. Precedent says that won't happen but if Shawn does make a return to the ring I have to believe that it will be a very special, well timed occasion that will also be extremely logical.

On Vince Russo: Emailer...Yes...Vince Russo played a significant role in the success of the Attitude Era of WWE back in the day but everything and I mean every thing that appeared on TV was vetted and approved by the Chairman of the Board. Everything. The talent roster wasn't bad either if you will pardon me while I pat myself on the back (Thanks, Gorilla.) But Russo should be given his due in all fairness.

On Batista Trying MMA: Emailer...No...it isn't fair to compare Dave Bautista to Brock Lesnar as it relates to Dave's potential, MMA career. Not only is their age when they started the process much different, Lesnar was much younger, but Brock's amateur wrestling background is non paralleled. Dave is a big, strong, athletic guy who has a competitive demeanor but can he acquire the necessary skills to perform at a sustainable, marketable level? Time will tell on that one. Bautista is currently training in earnest to develop his MMA skills and if that can be accomplished it is likely that the former WWE star will sign with Strikeforce. Lot's of "ifs" but if Dave can acquire the necessary skill set then one can easily predict that he will do a viable TV rating for Strikeforce/Showtime/CBS especially if Dave fights Bobby Lashley. Lashley would be a heavy favorite to win that contest. I wish Dave well and would certainly watch him fight if that day actually comes. I still think that exploring his movie opportunities and eventually returning to WWE is "The Animal's" best options but I always encourage people to do what they feel is best for them. We're all just passing through this life one time as best as I can tell.

DUKE NUKEM
07-10-2010, 04:01 PM
thanks for the post Kellie

Konan
07-10-2010, 09:26 PM
good thanks for the post

jedi71
07-11-2010, 12:03 AM
thx for posting kellie. i dont see dave being very good at mma but time will tell i guess.