PDA

View Full Version : WWE Smackdown House Show Results (7/10/10) - Grand Rapids, Michigan

Black Widow
07-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Tonight I attended the Smackdown brand house show in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The arena was probably about 35-45 percent full with the entire upper tier blocked off

Match 1 Christian & MVP vs. Caylen Croft & Vance Archer
Winners Christian & MVP. This was a really good match with Archer and Croft giving it a good fight. But Christian made the hot tag to MVP and it was over from there

Match 2 Cody Rhodes vs. Chris Masters
Winner Cody Rhodes. This was a decent match with Cody dissing on a couple people in the crowd in the beginning. I had my doubts if Cody could succeed without Orton but he has definitely proved me wrong

Match 3 Alberto Del Rios vs. Fit Finlay
Winner Alberto Del Rios. Rios cut his usual promo in Spanish at the start of this match. For the first 5 minutes it was just Rios running away from Finlay. Then once they got started Rios was just too much for Finlay but on the other hand it was awesome to see Finlay in action

Match 4 WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Matt Hardy vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner and still Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston. This was my match of the night with nonstop action. It ended with all the guys hitting their finishers and then Kofi hitting Trouble in Paradise on Ziggler for the win

Intermission

Match 5 Layla vs. Kelly Kelly for the WWE Women's cChampionship
Winner and still WWE Women's Champion Layla. I don't have much to say about this match cause for most of it I was in the bathroom

Match 6 Big Show vs. Luke Gallows & SES masked man
Winner Big Show. Big Show had a really strong showing in this match but Luke Gallows is just awful. I noticed at least 6 botched moves by him. He has no buisness in the ring he should just stick to being CM Punk's right hand man.

Match 7 Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kane for the World Heavyweight Championship
Rey was really selling his injuries that he suffered at the hands of Swagger on Smackdown but he still managed to hit all of his signature moves including a 619 to Kane's back when he was attempting to chokeslam Swagger and then did his jump from the top rope to Swagger and pinned him for the win

Overall this was a really good show I enjoyed it from beginning to end and I'm really glad I decided to go. I ended up getting autographs from Christian, Hornswoggle, Kelly Kelly, and Kofi Kingston I also got to talk to MVP and Matt Hardy. If WWE ever comes to your town I suggest you go you won't regret it. I can't wait for the WWE to come back to Grand Rapids.

Biggest Pops
1 Rey Mysterio
2 Kane
3 Kofi Kingston

Most Heat
1 Jack Swagger
2 SES
3 Alberto Del Rios

WNW