PDA

View Full Version : Possible reason JR was removed from WWE intro

Konan
07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Credit: F4WOnline.com

As seen at the top of last night's RAW broadcast, WWE debuted a modified montage video. Among the changes were "Classy" Freddie Blassie, Buddy Rogers, Gorgeous George and Harley Race being added, but the most striking change was the removal of the voice of Jim Ross in favor of RAW announcer Michael Cole. Ross was unaware of the change, which he noted last night on Twitter.

Ross was reportedly removed from the opening video montage as punishment for appearing on camera at UFC's 116 PPV event in Las Vegas two weeks ago. Ross was interviewed on camera by Ariel Helwani of AOL Fanhouse following Brock Lesnar's victory over Shane Carwin. While Steve Austin, Bill Goldberg and Paul Heyman were interviewed as well, Ross is the only one currently under contract to WWE and thus decision was made to make an example out of him.

jedi71
07-13-2010, 06:55 PM
this is why im losing more and more respect for the wwe that company has to grow up its a bunch of 50 somthing people acting like teenagers telling people how to live there lives after work.

DUKE NUKEM
07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
thanks for the post Konan

Staynes
07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
He was and is a great commentary without a doubt but this whole "We want JR" back thing is just gettin on my nerves now i mean its obvius that the WWE doenst want him back and i can live with that even if i hate Michael Cole Raw woudlnt be 50 times the better if JR would do commentary with King.. Yes its BS from the Site of the WWE to take him out of the opening b/c he was interviewd i mean my god its not like he burried the WWE.