PDA

View Full Version : Masked Man Revealed on SmackDown

John
07-24-2010, 02:27 PM
- Joey Mercury was revealed by Big Show to be the masked member of the Straight Edge Society on SmackDown. Mercury has been added to WWE’s SmackDown roster page.

Source - LordsOfPain

John's Thoughts: I was somewhat shocked that they mentioned his name. I'm more shocked that Todd knows his name even though we've not seen Joey in over 4 years. I would have expected Matt to say that. I thought that this was a weak way of revealing who the maked man is - They could have left this for a PPV. The ideal senario would be after Punk wins the belt, The masked man takes his mask off.

Konan
07-24-2010, 06:40 PM
thanks for the update john

DUKE NUKEM
07-24-2010, 07:55 PM
thanks for the post john

Bubala
07-24-2010, 09:09 PM
- Joey Mercury was revealed by Big Show to be the masked member of the Straight Edge Society on SmackDown. Mercury has been added to WWE’s SmackDown roster page.

Source - LordsOfPain

John's Thoughts: I was somewhat shocked that they mentioned his name. I'm more shocked that Todd knows his name even though we've not seen Joey in over 4 years. I would have expected Matt to say that. I thought that this was a weak way of revealing who the maked man is - They could have left this for a PPV. The ideal senario would be after Punk wins the belt, The masked man takes his mask off.

If Mercury was signifigant I'd say yeah do it at a ppv. He was the Marty Janetty of M&M...the forgettable guy. Also people kind of had an idea that it was him thanks to internet leaks, and speculations. So not really a surprise. WWE really needs to do a better job of keeping it's "surprises" mum. I mean we're pretty much going to get the same "we peeked at the present before Christmas" thing with Kane and Undertaker. It's no surprise that it's supposed to be Kane. WWE if they were smart would make it someone else quiet like. But it'll be Kane, and we'll have already known. Predictability is WWE's #1 flaw anymore.

Dragón De Muerte
07-25-2010, 01:17 AM
I agree with john's opinion's to me the shock was not who was under the mask but that the commentators recognised him as not only was he forgetable but he looks completely differant to when he was in mnm, just made it blantently obvious that its scripted.