PDA

View Full Version : Orton/Kat Von D, Smackdown Pre-Empted and Linda's Campaign Get's a Boost

Travicity
08-04-2010, 11:57 PM
-- This week’s Friday Night SmackDown! will be pre-empted until 11pm in New York City due to the Yankees game.

- Randy Orton posted a message on Twitter last night saying that he may be appearing on an upcoming episode of the TLC reality TV show “LA Ink”. It's likely he'll get a tattoo from Ms. Kat Von D.

Linda McMahon's Senate campaign got a major-league boost today. The Quinnipiac University poll showed the race tightening up, with Democrat Richard Blumenthal's lead only ten points at 50/40. Just three weeks ago the vote was 54% to 37% for Blumenthal, a 17% lead. In a key demographic, Linda leads Blumenthal 46% to 44% head-to-head among Independents, her first lead in that category.

In the Republican primary, Linda leads both Rob Simmons and Peter Schiff by substantial margins. McMahon has 47%, Simmons has 30% and Schiff has 14%. Simmons has gained five points on McMahon in the last few weeks. The expectation is that Linda's boost will increase if she wins the primary.

Linda McMahon was also endorsed for the Republican nomination by Mayor John Harkins of Stamford, CT. "Linda McMahon knows how to create jobs and a foster a favorable business environment. I'm endorsing Linda because we need to focus on improving our economy, and she's the one who knows how to fix it."

WWE is involved with a campaign to get Americans between the ages of 18 and 21 to vote in a Rock the Vote campaign headed by the rock band Green Day.

EWN

Punisher
08-05-2010, 02:38 AM
I hope Linda loses I really do

Y0UR Messiah
08-05-2010, 03:47 PM
If she wins or loses, once this race is over, hopefully WWE will return to business as usual.

Konan
08-05-2010, 09:12 PM
thanks for the update