PDA

View Full Version : Alanis Morissette 'pregnancy a surprise'

OMEN
08-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Alanis Morissette has admitted that she did not think she was pregnant until she visited her doctor.

The singer announced that she is expecting her first child with rapper husband Souleye - real name Mario Treadway - yesterday.

When asked on Chelsea Lately how she discovered the pregnancy, she replied: "I talked to my doctor and he basically said, 'This looks like the screen of a pregnant lady'.

"I said, 'There's still a chance that I'm not though, yes?' And he said, 'It's about as likely as me getting a sex change'. And I said, 'So when are you getting your sex change?!'."

Host Chelsea Handler then asked if she suspected she was pregnant when she made the appointment, to which Morissette replied: "I actually thought I wasn't but in passing I said I was a little late and he said, 'Is that normal?' I said, 'No, it's not really typical for me' so he said, 'Let's take a quick look...' I was so happy!"

Morissette also revealed that she met her husband at a meditation ceremony she held at her home, joking: "He walked in and I thought, 'Wow, he is incredibly sexy'. But I had no idea what was to come of our little connection."

The couple married at their home in Los Angeles in June.

DS

JohnCenaFan28
08-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the interesting read.