PDA

View Full Version : CZW Round One: TBA vs. PORTAL...Advantage TBA?

Travicity
08-12-2010, 10:17 PM
When you think of Canada, what comes to mind? How about a country that has given the sport of professional wrestling some of its greatest talent? Names like the Hart's, the Rougeau's, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, Petey Williams...the list could go on. CZW is currently home to one of, if not the hottest tag team in professional wrestling. "The Immaculate" TJ Cannon & "Picture Perfect" Bruce Maxwell, known collectively as THE BEST AROUND, hold the record for the longest reign as CZW World Tag Team Champions. From March of 2009 until April of this year, TBA has defeated everyone CZW put in front of them. 2 Girls 1 Cup, The H8 Club, Team Macktion, Irish Driveby, BLK-OUT...all have found themselves looking at the Arena's lights in their matches against the duo from Canada. TBA knows what it is like to be one of the best tag teams in our sport & will stop at nothing to reassert their dominance of CZW's tag team division by capturing their 2nd World Tag Team Championship. Yet TBA face the unknown this Saturday when CZW returns to Philadelphia, PA for A Tangled Web III. In a first round match for the vacant CZW World Tag Team Championship, TBA will square off against AMASIS & OPHIDIAN, better known to fans as THE OSIRIAN PORTAL. When I tried to reach Cannon & Maxwell for comment regarding the upcoming match, I was left with this statement from their manager "Primo" Robby Mireno. Mireno had this to say:

"For the past few months, I've been hearing rumblings about the Osirian Portal. I'm glad that the pool of gene sewage that is CZW has managed to find another tag team to get behind. And they are a great tag team, but there is a major difference between being great and being the best. There is a major difference between being an attraction and carrying the World Tag Team Championships for over a year. I'll say again what all these pieces of garbage have been saying for months; 'Osirian Portal' is a great tag team.... and by the standards of most of our fan base, DeVry is a great school, but it's sure not fucking Harvard! This Saturday night, you're going to watch what happens when a "great tag teams'" weaknesses are exposed. You're going to see a lot of people very disappointed that "that son of a bitch Robby Mireno" was able to flush another one of their dreams down the toilet. And you're going to see that the Osirian Portal sure aren't The Best Around!"

- Written for CZW by CJ Becker