PDA

View Full Version : Fans Brawl over a John Cena T Shirt

Travicity
08-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Rob sent the following, which I missed from my vantage point at the WWE event in Newark, New Jersey this evening:

At the start of the Cena vs. Sheamus cage match, when Cena threw his shirt out in to the crowd, it landed a row a head of me. A fight broke out over it and at least 10 people were thrown out and a few kids were hurt. It got really ugly and punches were thrown. I can't believe adult women, of all people, were starting a fight over something as stupid as a shirt from Cena. This went on for a good 15-20 minutes and it took awhile before Prudential Center staff came down to break it up. I am really surprised that they took a while to get it broken up, but it made me sad that these people mostly women fighting over something like that, not to mention they had no regard that kids were in the middle and were getting hurt during it.
----
» A brawl broke out amongst fans at Sunday night's RAW live event in Newark, New Jersey over a T-shirt John Cena had thrown to the crowd just before his Steel Cage Match with Sheamus.

According to a fan who witnessed the incident, the melee lasted approximately 15 minutes before Prudential Center staff broke it up. The correspondent also noted that over 10 people were ejected from the arena and some children were hurt during the brawl. Really.
PWI

Can't blame them it's a JOHN CENA T Shirt.

Kage
08-30-2010, 04:39 AM
What losers.

Travicity
08-30-2010, 04:54 AM
LOL They can't even become PG without something happening now. They'll be sharking Michael Cole next.

Smartmark
08-30-2010, 04:56 AM
:lmao:

Metalitia
08-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Eyes peeled on Ebay ;)

Big Evil
08-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Now if it was a signed Cena shirt, I could see where the importance in getting it would come from. But its just a shirt, something he threw on from the merchandise he is handed to wear. It has no major significance until he signs it. Then, its a collector item. Jeez, those women need to grow up.

Luffy
08-30-2010, 03:08 PM
WoooooooW

Will
08-31-2010, 04:20 AM
Actually its exactly the opposite. Cena probably legit signs hundreds, or maybe even thousands, of autographs every month, but he only throws about 50 shirts a year, assuming he shows one at every raw for the year. Of those 50, 49 will sit in someones closet forever. Look on ebay for what autographs go for, a couple dollars, and what ring worn gear goes for, hundreds of dollars.

LionDen
09-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Eyes peeled on Ebay ;)

lol I was going to say that. I am sure a few of them had that in mind.

Now if it was a signed Cena shirt, I could see where the importance in getting it would come from. But its just a shirt, something he threw on from the merchandise he is handed to wear. It has no major significance until he signs it. Then, its a collector item. Jeez, those women need to grow up.

I'm curious, is it possible Cena does sign these shirts he wears to the ring or at least some of them.