PDA

View Full Version : WWE News: D-Generation X Looking To Tone Down Their Antics

Ethan Hunt
08-11-2006, 05:41 AM
sources: Pro Wrestling Torch, WWE.com

Shawn Michaels has made it known that he has not comfortable with some of the antics DX has performed on RAW since the group's reformation back in June. HBK's breaking point came about when he took part in the simulated oral sex scene in which Triple H and Candice Michelle participated in on the July 3rd edition of RAW. Regarding the skit, Michaels said, "(When) we did the barbecue, I was out of the circumstances that I was not comfortable with. When the show was over, I felt like gosh, it doesn't really matter if you're in them or not, Shawn, it still represents you in some way shape or form." He later took his grievance to Vince McMahon.

D-Generation X plans on toning things down and being a little less juvenile. There is an article on WWE.com with comments from Triple H and Michaels regarding the toned down DX, focusing in part on Shawn's religious convictions.

Regarding the BBQ skit, Triple H said, "Well there's a lot of Shawn that's changed over the years, and there's a lotabout Shawn that hasn't changed over the years; the drama queen side of him is still in full force. What's funny is that with Shawn, it takes a little while for these things to brew. We did the (barbecue) stuff all day, and I knew he was uncomfortable with some of it, but he never said anything. Then after the show was over and he left, I don't know if somebody talked to him or just in his mind he started thinking about it, but he started thinking, 'Oh my God, what did we just do? I'm implicated in this whole thing.' Even though he wasn't there for any of the stuff that I did, it just all caught up to him."

Here are a few other key excerpts from the article:

Michaels: "Well, everybody knows, obviously my faith and becoming born again was the one and only impact on my life. A lot of other things changed as a result of that, and I knew there were a lot of questions coming to do with the DX thing. They obviously asked me beforehand what I'd be comfortable with and what I wasn't comfortable with and I knew this going in."

Michaels: "I've done my best to stand strong, but I set out some guidelines of things I wasn't going to do. They slowly try to creep them in and I slowly do my best to fight them off, and they say okay and they back off for a week and then they try to creep back up again. It's a non-stop struggle, and everybody's trying to…"

Michaels: "You know, this company has a product to put out, obviously DX has sort of an image to uphold. Really, I've tried to do my best to do that and still stay true to my beliefs and it's been difficult. I know that there have been a lot of people who have come down on me and I've taken a lot of heat for it; I'm used to that. Thank goodness me getting heat on myself for various reasons is no different now than it was ten years ago, although it may just come from a different sect or a different group of folks. There are two roads: a road to righteousness and a road to destruction, and as I've always said, I try not to beat anybody over the head with it. But I like to think I'm staying true to my faith."

Hunter: "I try to always... I've always got it in my mind to try to not offend Shawn's sensibilities, but yet stay true to who I am because I don't necessarily have the exact same feelings toward a lot of things that Shawn does. That's not good or bad, but I still want to do what I believe is DX and is entertaining, and if Shawn's sensitive to it, then we adjust accordingly."

Click here (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/newdx) to read the article in its entirety.