PDA

View Full Version : WWE Raw Rating Lowest Since 1997!

Travicity
09-29-2010, 07:05 PM
The Monday Night RAW Rating for 9/27 is in and it has once again bombed for the second consecutive week. The rating come in at a shocking 2.37 which makes this one of the lowest rated episodes of RAW in nearly 13 years. The last time RAW did a rating this low was on October 27, 1997 BEFORE the Montreal Screwjob of November 1997 when ratings took off and the Attitude Era was born.

The show averaged 3.8 million viewers over the course of the entire show. The viewership was also the lowest in nearly three years when the December 24, 2007 (Christmas Eve) RAW brought in 3.75 million viewers.

PWTorch provided the data below which shows other RAW shows in the same rating range over the last decade:

* 2.40 rating December 31, 2001
* 2.60 rating on July 4, 2004
* 2.70 rating on Dec. 25, 2006
* 2.50 rating on July 30, 2007
* 2.50 & 2.60 ratings on December 24 & 31, 2007

It is interesting to note that all but the July 30, 2007 edition of RAW have been Holiday RAW's (Christmas Eve/Day, New Years Eve). A time when we typically expect ratings to come in low.

Looking at Monday's rating one might attribute much of the drop due to the Packers vs. Bears Monday Night Football game on ESPN which was reported to have been in the top 5 most watched cable broadcasts of all time. RAW was also taped which didn't help as a large chuck of the audience would have read spoilers online and skipped the show for some of the new shows such as NBC's The Event.

WR

Lol this is great finally they might shake thing's up and it's interesting to see what they're gonna do. They shouldnt have it easy it should get like this at times to keep them on there toes.

ArJay
09-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Yeah hopefully Vince realizes the PG era just isn't cutting it anymore and we want a more attitude era style of programming.

W-OLF
09-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Agreed , the gm comp crap with Edge I changed it and found something else on .

Travicity
09-29-2010, 08:05 PM
But they probably wont change the PG as long as Linda's in Office or trying to be.

ArJay
09-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Agreed , the gm comp crap with Edge I changed it and found something else on .

I actually found that segment funny and well done. Definitely the highlight of the night. (Even though the voice was weird and this Anon GM crap needs to end.)

Xan20
09-29-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't blame the product as much as what they go up against on TV, nothing they could would take viewers away from the Packers/Bears game. unless they had another live sex skit with two divas this time around.

Kenpachi Zaraki
09-30-2010, 07:25 AM
for the last time PG is not as big a deal as you make it out to be. It's that fucking charisma-less robotic champion who's the problem. Quite unbelievable really that Orton is taking them through the hell that Nitro put them through

Metalitia
09-30-2010, 04:48 PM
The opening segment making it seem like Miz was gonna be the big factor for this weeks Raw coupled with the crap between Edge and anonymous GM couldn't have helped.

Also on a side note, Cenas foot being under the rope? How lame and lazy is that? Having to reach for the ropes to either grab or get your foot ON it surely?

If they are set to unify the titles they should use it as part of a massive overhaul of WWE. Trim the fat and lose the split brands.

There's a whole bunch of Divas who can be released and be of no great loss and there isn't a shortage of males either.

Knowing WWE though they'd end up releasing the likes of Bourne and keeping Henry <_<

mikedudelang
09-30-2010, 07:44 PM
I haven't watched RAW in almost 2 months. I don't miss it one bit.

The Mac
10-01-2010, 03:18 AM
screw linda i want the old wwe back, i want the blood, i want the vulgarity, the beer drinking, blood pouring classic wwe

HAR
10-01-2010, 03:44 PM
screw linda i want the old wwe back, i want the blood, i want the vulgarity, the beer drinking, blood pouring classic wwe

We all want it.

Kenpachi Zaraki
10-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Blood doesn't make that much a of a difference. Get rid of Orton, use the Divas like the Nitro girls, have a few decent storylines, put Del Rio on Raw, problem solved

Metalitia
10-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Blood doesn't make that much a of a difference. Get rid of Orton, use the Divas like the Nitro girls, have a few decent storylines, put Del Rio on Raw, problem solved

Del Rio's much better suited to Smackdown at the moment whilst he builds a name for himself within WWE.

There are far worse guys than Orton who WWE should get rid of first. Mark Henry surely tops the list?