PDA

View Full Version : McMahon Unhappy with WWE Announcer?

Travicity
10-06-2010, 11:08 PM
WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has reportedly been unhappy with the work of Friday Night SmackDown announcer Todd Grisham as of late. Reports are that the reason why Michael Cole was one of the commentators on last week's live edition of Friday Night SmackDown on the SyFy network is because of McMahon's unhappiness with Grisham's work.

There was also a point where McMahon cut a backstage promo on Grisham, in which he talked about the importance of SmackDown's live SyFy debut and also saying that Grisham "wasn't getting the job done".

WNS

Metalitia
10-07-2010, 01:19 AM
I prefer Grisham to Cole easily.

tehGAGE
10-07-2010, 02:41 AM
I prefer Grisham to Cole easily.

I second that!

Punisher
10-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Michael is trying to be a heel and he has no charisma in the first place to even do that.

JohnCenaFan28
10-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Cole is better than Grisham, hands down. Grisham is bad in a way that's not entertaining, Cole is awful in a way that I love.

Konan
10-07-2010, 07:36 AM
fuck vince

Black Widow
10-07-2010, 09:29 AM
grisham is a pretty decent announcer, when it comes to cole i feel like stabbing my ear drums

deadmanwalkin
10-07-2010, 05:11 PM
cole sucks...grisham really isnt that bad...but what they need to do is get some new announcers in there...maybe some ex-wrestlers like foley and jbl and striker were/are doing.......i like grisham and striker but thats pretty much it announcers wise...they should also put joey styles back on tv as one of them

g1itch13
10-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Cole does a better job at getting people over. The main problem with Grisham is that he is simply an announcer and no more. Cole has done some good work getting over The Miz and Sheamus. WWE is currently trying to make main eventers out of people like Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler and Grisham is doing nothing more than just calling the matches. Think back to announcers of the past like Gorilla Monsoon and Booby Heenan (Easily the best duo ever) they got more guys over than anyone. Grisham is currently also doing some other types of sports announcing so read that however you will.

ArJay
10-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Although I agree with the Cole heat, I see why he's getting the push, so to speak, that he's currently getting. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing him become the GM of Raw, firing King, and making Raw a three man team with Striker/Grisham/Mathews. This should also translate over to Smackdown, having those three announce for both shows and PPVs.

deadmanwalkin
10-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Although I agree with the Cole heat, I see why he's getting the push, so to speak, that he's currently getting. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing him become the GM of Raw, firing King, and making Raw a three man team with Striker/Grisham/Mathews. This should also translate over to Smackdown, having those three announce for both shows and PPVs.

im not high on the whole cole being gm thing...but i agree with firing king and making those 3 the announcers....that could possibly be a really good trio

Metalitia
10-08-2010, 03:50 PM
The thing with King is that he works as the co-commentator, rooting for the heels alongside a more colour commentary orientated guy. King and Cole bickering and the two of them bickering with Stryker at PPVs is hit and miss.

Cole being the GM would be a let down tbh, it's the easy option and one of the most boring ones.

Metalitia
10-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Just as an update for this, Kings co commentator on Superstsars Scott, I didn't catch his surname though. He was in place of Cole.