PDA

View Full Version : Foley and Styles Comments on CT Threatening WWE Fan's Votes and WWE-Switzerland

Travicity
10-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Former WWE star and current TNA personality Mick Foley has offered comments of his own concerning the ruling made today by the Connecticut Secretary of State, Susan Bysiewicz, that on November 2nd, voter poll workers in the state can turn away voters who are wearing any form of WWE merchandise, and can also force them to go home and change, remove the merchandise, or cover it up. Here is what Foley had to say via his official Twitter page...

"Just read that voters in Conn may be asked to remove or cover up WWE merch at polls on Nov 2. Thought this was America."
WWE.com's Joey Styles has just posted the following on his official Twitter page in response to Connecticut's Secretary of State, Susan Bysiewicz, announcing that she has given state poll workers the right to turn fans away from voting if they show up wearing WWE merchandise of any kind, as well as either forcing voters to go home and change, cover the merchandise up, or remove the merchandise...

"I will be wearing WWE clothing, or anything else I please when I vote on November 2. I stand up for my First Amendment right. Arrest me."

As previously reported, Connecticut state law states that no political advertising of any kind is allowed within 75 feet of voting polls, and it appears as though they are considering any form of WWE merchandise "political advertising" since former WWE CEO Linda McMahon is running for the Senate.

WWE will be holding an event at the Geneva Arena in Geneva, Switzerland on September 2nd, 2011.

WV

deadmanwalkin
10-23-2010, 08:42 PM
wtf....thats gay

Metalitia
10-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Only in America =p