PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt Continues for 'Alien' Female Lead

Travicity
10-29-2010, 03:38 AM
Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox and director Ridley Scott have just about completed meetings with actresses to find the Ripley-esque heroine for the 3D Alien prequel. They claim that Scott's favorite (mine too) is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo star Noomi Rapace. The other names being whispered range from Carey Mulligan (Public Enemies) to Abbie Cornish (The Dark Fields, Sucker Punch), Natalie Portman (Black Swan) and the freshly added Tron: Legacy star Olivia Wilde. Who would you guys pick? Is there an actress they're totally missing out on? The film is set up to be a prequel to the groundbreaking '79 film that Scott directed. It will precede that film, in which the crew of a commercial towing ship returning to Earth is awakened and sent to respond to a distress signal from a nearby planetoid. The crew discovers too late that the signal generated by an empty ship was meant to warn them.

Deadline

Swinny
10-29-2010, 06:15 PM
I think Natalie Portman could be great in this role, I really don't Carey Mulligan or Abbie Cornish in the role. Olivia Wilde could be interesting, but I don't know if I see her in it either and I really haven't seen Noomi Rapace in anything. I would say Portman's probably the way to go.