PDA

View Full Version : WWE Smackdown 31st October 2010 Results In Boston.

John
11-01-2010, 07:39 AM
I went to the Smackdown World Tour show in Boston, MA on Halloween with a 1pm start time. Balcony seats were all empty and I believe the sold seats were about 60-70 percent full, definitely not a sell-out show. Oh, and LOTS of kids were there.

Tony Chimmel is your ring announcer, Kelly Kelly is your hostess. Kelly showed up twice in the show, once to grab a kid to be the guest bell ringer, and then to throw shirts in the crowd and partner with Chimmel in pimping the WWE merch. Before the first match Tony Chimmel points out that Undertaker will not be there (obviously) and if you want, you can get a full refund before the second match takes place.

The match order may not be accurate, but it's close.

Match #1 Chris Masters wins over Curt Hawkins via Submission with the Masterlock. Masters got a good reaction from the crowd.

Match #2 JTG wins over someone I could not identify. Picture Rodney Mack but a lot fatter. I have no clue.

Match #3 Tyler Reks vs. Kawal. Tyler grabbed the mic while they are both in the ring and pointed out that Kawal had not pinned Reks. Kawal ends up going over Reks with modified sunset flip type pin. Kawal was then taken out by Reks post match.

Match #4 For the WWE Tag Team Championship - Heath Slater/Justin Gabriel w/Husky Harris of the Nexus vs. Santino/Vladimir Kozlov. Nexus was soundly and passionately booed. Solid match. Santino is a big hit with the kids. Kozlov is a beast, threw Gabriel around like a rag doll. Nexus goes over after outside distraction to Santino from Husky Harris and Slater hitting the Jumping Neckbreaker for the pin on Santino.

Match #5 For the Intercontinental Championship - a 4-way match featuring champion Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes (the little girls screamed mad for Rhodes and Ziggler) Drew McIntire and MVP. MVP being the only face in the match ... interesting. Solid match. Drew and Cody turned on each other in mid match. End of the match sees Drew McIntire hitting the future shock on MVP, Dolph Ziggler then knocks Drew off the cover to the outside, Dolph Ziggler then gets the pin on MVP.

Match #6 For the Diva's Championship - Natalya (with plastic candy-filled pumpkin in hand for the fans) vs. champion Layla, without Michelle McCool, who was advertised for the show. Layla wins after hitting The Layout (neckbreaker) on Natalya.

Match #7 Jack Swagger vs. R-Truth. (Swagger v. Edge was advertised) Truth comes out to the old "What's Up" theme, which he perhaps keeps for the house shows to liven up the crowd. Crowd still digs the "What's Up." R-Truth goes over Swagger with help from Hornswoggle. Horny came out to mess with Swagger, Swagger puts Horny in an ankle lock and while doing so, gets hit with with Lie Dectector by R-Truth, and R-Truth gets the pin over swagger. Afterward, Hornswoggle hip hop dances with R-Truth, then Hornswoggle's theme hits and Horny starts the Irish dancing and then gets Truth to do the running jumping Irish heel clicky thing. Cool segment for the kids.

Match #8 Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio ... or not. Ricardo Rodriguez introduces Alberto Del Rio. Alberto then does a promo about how "he has bad news for us, Rey Mysterio is not in the arena. Maybe Rey is sick, Maybe Rey forgot his Passport, but Alberto believes it is because Rey is scared." Edge then comes out to the biggest pop of the afternoon, flashbulbs populating the stands for the first and really only time this afternoon. Edge with his own promo proclaims that "he's sick of Alberto, his ring announcer is stupid, his scarf is stupid, I don't know if Rey is afraid of you, but I'm not, I challenge you to a match." Alberto then attacks Edge which starts the match. Solid match with Edge going over Del Rio with the Spear whipping off the ropes. Quite a few kids were bummed that Rey wasn't there, including the little guy in the Rey mask right in front of me. I felt for the kid. Ahh well, maybe he'll see him at the Royal Rumble ... which Tony Chimmel points out is in January in Boston at TD Garden, tickets go on sale first week of November.

Match #9 for the World Heavyweight Championship - Kane, the champion vs. Big Show. Before the match gets under way, Show takes the mic and starts an Undertaker chant to irritate Kane. Kane then took the mic and said, as matter of fact as possible, "The Undertaker ... yea, I buried him alive." Match starts, many punches and kicks are thrown, Show whipped Kane into the referee in the corner, knocked the ref out, Kane gets the belt, hits show in the head with the belt, Kane drags referee over to make the 1-2-3. Kane is your winner.

Post match, Kane celebrates in the ring, attacks Big Show, Edge hits the ring and attacks Kane, Alberto Del Rio hits the ring and attacks Edge. After a short brawl, Edge and Big Show run off Kane and Alberto and they go to the back. Edge and Big Show thank the Boston Crowd and they wish all of us a Happy Halloween.

A decent show that lasted about 2 hours and 45 minutes I'd say.

Happy Halloween to PWInsider! Thanks for all the work that you do.