PDA

View Full Version : Feldman: 'Fans want Goonies sequel'

OMEN
11-15-2010, 12:45 AM
Corey Feldman has reiterated his opinion that a sequel to 1985's The Goonies should be made, as the fans "treasure" the original.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, he also revealed that the other cast members and crew, including Steven Spielberg "want" the movie to be made.

He said: "We would all like to see it happen. There are stumbling blocks - no matter how much love there is".

On The Goonies' loyal fans, he said: "The number one question that's always been asked of me for the past 20 years is: 'Will there be a sequel to Goonies?' and unfortunately my answer is always the same: it's not up to me, it's the studio."

"They treasure this film, as you know - it is literally their greatest family film title of all time. That's the way they see it. It's always on the top 25 DVD sales around the world all the time".

"If we go and throw a sequel out there that's lesser in quality, then suddenly we may hurt this continuous cash cow".

Last month, Goonies cast members and director Richard Donner dismissed rumors of a sequel.

DS

The Mac
11-15-2010, 12:49 AM
who the hell wants to hear what the fuck corey feldman says... they guy is a tool

Shane McMahon's Ass
11-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Yeah we'd like to see it happen but not now. Should've been done ages back.

But tbh I don't think it should even be thought of purely because 'The Goonies' is timelessly epic movie and doesn't need a sequel to prove it.

Travicity
11-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Not really the movie is fine as it was but he a washed up hunk of poo poo.