PDA

View Full Version : Why WWE Changed Their Stance and Brought Back The Survivor Series Match

Travicity
11-20-2010, 04:51 PM
The Survivor Series elimination tag was a last minute addition to tomorrow's PPV. The original plan was to have Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio in a Best of Three Falls "Lucha" match.

Since Mysterio has been dealing with an inner ear infection, the decision was made last week to have the ten man tag and to limit Mysterio's work to protect his health.

That's why Mysterio has been used sparingly on TV this week and his singles bout with Del Rio was turned into a Battle Royal last night on Smackdown as well

PWI

We can thank Rey's Ear :)

Smartmark
11-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Thank you Rey! :P

John
11-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Thank Gawd - I really dislike the "Best out of 3 falls" matches because they tend to all be the same (Heel wins the first, face wins the second then they spend 15 minutes doing absolutely nothing..), so I'm happy that they changed it. Furthermore, it also gives a chance to the likes of Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Tyler Reks, Chris Masters and MVP to appear on a PPV. I've said for months that I dislike how WWE leave those guys off PPVs so it's awesome to see them being included this sunday.