PDA

View Full Version : WWE Continues to Recruit Hollywood Writers

Travicity
11-26-2010, 10:17 PM
The company is also actively recruiting new writers from Hollywood. They don't want anyone with a wrestling background or anyone who knows too much about the product, as crazy as that seems. The only person now left on the current creative team with a wrestling background other than the McMahon family is Michael Hayes, who heads up Smackdown.

The Wrestling Globe Newsletter

That's why they fail at having good wrestling at times cause it's more Hollywood Writers instead of Wrestling Writers.

W-OLF
11-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Agreed Trav.

Kenpachi Zaraki
11-27-2010, 05:35 AM
this goes two ways, Hollywood writers would have an idea what clicks with the people today but I think you need capable agents and ,aybe the odd wrestling writer to help play it out in the ring

hackindave
11-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Hollywood writers...no wonder I don't watch WWE anymore

Travicity
11-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Would be nice for a change and some fresh idead but who knows time will tell and it should be interesting to see the changes.

mikedudelang
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
This is exactly why I watch Raw and Smackdown MAYBE once a month. This is why, despite all the BS going on over at TNA, I watch them religiously. If I wanna watch 'hollywood', I'll go to the damn theater.

Give me the NWA of 1987. Give me the WWF of 1997. Screw all this hollywood crap.