PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown Star Taking Six Months Off, Chavo Guerrero's Future

OMEN
08-19-2006, 01:35 PM
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As things stand now, Rey Mysterio's feud with Chavo Guerrero will be his last angle for several months. Once his program with Guerrero concludes, he will take some time off for knee surgery. It is believed that he'll need reconstructive knee surgery and thus he will be out of action for at least six months.

In regards to Chavo Guerrero's status, he is not scheduled to be a full-time Smackdown performer as he's only coming out of "retirement" for his upcoming match at SummerSlam - that is of course if his match at SummerSlam is not the blow-off match in the feud.

Kaz
08-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Well I'm not surprised about either of those... Especially Rey its been mentioned several times that he needs surgery.

XXKSXX
08-19-2006, 05:01 PM
I wont be missing Rey kinda glad he's leaving for awile. Wish he was the one retired. But i would like to see Chavo stick around I actually like him.

Lenanjosh
08-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Rey is a terrific wrestler. He's one of the best cruiser weights bar none. I'm going to miss him, but, he probably needs the time off. Chavo's ok. He doesn.t have the charisma Eddie had. And he doesn't have Rey"s wrestling skills. I was really happy when Rey won the belt. He deserved the title , like Eddie did. Chavo's not in the same class as Rey and Eddie.

Will
08-20-2006, 02:27 AM
I wish that they would both retire. Rey is a shell of what he was 10 years ago and Chavo has never been more than Eddies Nephew.

scorpionf
08-20-2006, 12:09 PM
At least Rey is finally going to have the surgery on his knee... There have been reports for months that he needed this.

As for Chavo, he's an OK wrestler, but he is a bit boring... The only times people have really noticed him was when he was teaming with Eddie or Rey.

LionDen
08-20-2006, 03:34 PM
One thing I hope is that when Mysterio returns, the Eddie angle is gone, it has gotten ridiculous over the last 6 months with nearly everything Mysterio did was directed towards Eddie in some way and IMO ruined Mysterios Championship reign.