PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive: Vince Wants Punk To Stay On Commentary, Wrestling Future "Undecided"

JohnCenaFan28
12-17-2010, 09:53 AM
CM Punk has been scheduled for several house shows in the midwest, his future as a wrestler for WWE is still "undecided."

WZ was told by a key WWE insider, "Vince (McMahon) and (Executive Producer) Kevin Dunn really like Punk on commentary, and they're considering making him a fixture of the broadcast team."

We were also told, "Vince thinks Punk has a future as a wrestler, but it looks like he thinks Punk is far too valuable as a commentator right now, and likes Punk's personality as a commentator a lot more than the Straight Edge character as a wrestler. Remember, Vince thinks Straight Edge is a holier than thou mentality, so Vince takes the heel character to heart."

"On commentary," we were told, "Vince thinks Punk has great timing and thinks on his feet much better than Matt Striker, whose stock has totally dropped in Vince's eyes."

Source: WZ

Smartmark
12-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Punk is cool on commentary. Glad he stays :)

Thanx for posting Eel!

mikedudelang
12-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Punk is currently the best commentator on their staff. And I have no idea why they shit on Striker. I think he's probably the next best guy they have.

Metalitia
12-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Punk has been very impressive on commentary but surely the mindset should be that he can have a job doing that once he retires from the ring.

He's FAR too good in the ring when he's back to full fitness to be kept back to do commentary.

Would be shooting themselves in the foot hugely if they curtail his in ring time.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-17-2010, 05:57 PM
not sure if Punk would mind gonna earn money without taking bumps :P

mikedudelang
12-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Punk has been very impressive on commentary but surely the mindset should be that he can have a job doing that once he retires from the ring.

He's FAR too good in the ring when he's back to full fitness to be kept back to do commentary.

Would be shooting themselves in the foot hugely if they curtail his in ring time.

Very true. Punk's one of the top 4 or 5 guys they've got on the roster now. Keeping him out of the ring would be a huge mistake. He's still got far too much left in the tank.

Darth Fozzy
12-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Whatever show they have Punk do commentary on they should have him compete on the other, seems unfair to cull his in-ring time to keep him at ringside.

The ShowOff
12-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Whatever show they have Punk do commentary on they should have him compete on the other, seems unfair to cull his in-ring time to keep him at ringside.

I had that idea also some place maybe here or another place lol. It would be pretty epic.

LionDen
12-18-2010, 05:09 AM
I am tired of Punks gimmick, he needs the time to take a break from in-ring and his gimmick. I don't particularly like him on commentary but if it gives his gimmick a break, I am all for it.