PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown Superstar Released/Comments and Reactions

Black Widow
12-23-2010, 10:57 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Kaval (Brandon Silvestry) as of today, December 23, 2010. We wish Kaval the best in all future endeavors.

WWE.com

The Mac
12-23-2010, 11:00 PM
:o

Swinny
12-23-2010, 11:01 PM
What the fuck is this shit?! They haven't exactly given him the best run and he did just get completely squashed by McIntyre, but I didn't expect this. So, so much wasted potential.

Travicity
12-23-2010, 11:01 PM
OMG Holy shit what? So unexpected. Well screw it if they don't him he could go back to being himself.

The Mac
12-23-2010, 11:03 PM
wow... another bonehead wwe move

Travicity
12-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Jim Ross posted the following on Twitter following the news of Kaval's release:

"Kaval's release from WWE surprised me. Don't know the circumstances. Kaval won't have any issues finding work. I wish him my best."

Here are some other comments:

Jeremy Borash: "Very grateful to be working for a company that gives out bonus checks at Christmas instead of walking papers."

Shelton Benjamin: "I guess my question is would you rather see him as a jobber for Wwe or the Indy phenom that he had been"

Hurricane Helms: "U gotta be f***ing kidding!!!"

MVP in response to Helms: "Yeah so we were just talking about shit that doesn't make any sense ... LOL

NoDq

The Mac
12-23-2010, 11:41 PM
time to go back to tna

Travicity
12-23-2010, 11:44 PM
I'd rather him an Indy Phenom than get used like that he's freaking great but thye keep people like Ziggler lol.

Swinny
12-23-2010, 11:44 PM
time to go back to tna

Ain't gonna happen. He asked for his release last time and hated the way he was used, or wasn't used, and it probably wouldn't be any different this time around.

The Mac
12-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Ain't gonna happen. He asked for his release last time and hated the way he was used, or wasn't used, and it probably wouldn't be any different this time around.

ya but now he is a ex wwe guy.... tna loves them lol

mikedudelang
12-23-2010, 11:51 PM

Not like he's got many other options. I mean, I guess he could go to ROH or Japan but otherwise, TNA is all he's got to choose from now.

Swinny
12-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Well... we'll see what happens, but for now I expect him in ROH and over in Japan for awhile and really, he can probably make just as much money that way as he could in TNA.

Travicity
12-24-2010, 12:11 AM
We had heard rumors of this the last 48 hours, but World Wrestling Entertainment publicly confirmed that NXT Season 2 winner Kaval, known as Low Ki on the independents and Senshi in TNA, has been released.

The word making the rounds within WWE is that the company didn't have any plans for him and it was an amicable parting of the ways, as opposed to the company dropping the former ROH and TNA X-Division champion. It is believed he has the typical 90 day no-compete that would prevent him from working for any nationally televised companies.

Kaval was signed in 2008 by World Wrestling Entertainment and spent a good amount of time in WWE developmental, despite being well known for his high level of performance in the ring. A number of injuries hampered him during his time in Florida Championship Wrestling before he was brought up to NXT.

PWI

Metalitia
12-24-2010, 12:24 AM
So they release a good talent supposedly on the grounds that they "didn't have any plans for him" ?

WTF? Make some then ffs.

Gotta assume there's more to it than that but I guess if you wouldn't be exactly happy winning just the one match in fuck knows how many months.

Swinny
12-24-2010, 12:29 AM
So they release a good talent supposedly on the grounds that they "didn't have any plans for him" ?

WTF? Make some then ffs.

Exactly. That's such a stupid excuse, they had so many opportunites to "make plans for him", but they just made him lose week after week and really never allowed him to benefit in any way.

Kage
12-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Let's hope this is some Daniel Bryan style shit where they are just trying to piss us off then do a major swerve. If not, Wwe is fucking stupid.

Swinny
12-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Let's hope this is some Daniel Bryan style shit where they are just trying to piss us off then do a major swerve. If not, Wwe is fucking stupid.

Well... he didn't choke anybody with any sort of neckwear that I missed, did he? :P

Kage
12-24-2010, 12:35 AM
^Maybe instead of choking with a tie, his kicks were too stiff :shifty:

Travicity
12-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Lol that's what I thought they're duplicating Daniel Bryan but probably not :(.

Metalitia
12-24-2010, 12:46 AM
^Maybe instead of choking with a tie, his kicks were too stiff :shifty:

He did seem to land a stiff kick to Ziggler a few weeks back :shifty:

Travicity
12-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Kaval is once again going by his original ring name Low Ki and has changed his official twitter to www.twitter.com/oneworldwarrior.

On Twitter, Ki wrote, "Irregardless of the current situation, I only move forward, I will keep you posted. KAVAL is no more. The return of "THE WORLD WARRIOR" has begun."

Joey Styles tweets on Kaval's release:

"If TNA doesn't immediately sign Kaval (who won NXT based on wwe.com fans and wrestlers votes), I've no idea what they look for in wrestlers."

PWI

Travicity
12-24-2010, 01:44 AM
New reports suggest Kaval requested his WWE release. According to a source close to the wrestler he was "miserable" and did not enjoy the WWE schedule. Officials tried to talk Kaval out of walking but eventually allowed him to walk. Kaval joins MVP and Matt Hardy in asking for a release. This report has yet to be confirmed.

WNS

Could be moved to the Kaval thread but this is a new report. But will move to the Kaval thread when more replies accur.

Smartmark
12-24-2010, 01:45 AM
ROH?! :whistle:

Kage
12-24-2010, 01:49 AM
I wouldn't doubt that he asked for his release tbh. I'm still hoping it's a work. Because I'm not gonna watch ROH or any other indies, even for Low Ki.

Smartmark
12-24-2010, 01:50 AM
^^ Mainstream Wrestling fan! :shifty:

Kage
12-24-2010, 01:53 AM
Yes, I am a mainstream wrestling fan. I do not have time to download and watch indies or japanese or Roh wrestling. I barely even catch the mainstream stuff nowadays.

Travicity
12-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Woo Mainstream :omg: I want him to be Low Ki again the Ki Krushin Double Stomping hard to work with stiff fu*k with shorts.

Smartmark
12-24-2010, 01:55 AM
^^ ROH!! :whistle:

Travicity
12-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Double spam!

Merged them it's better to keep all this together actually.

Black Widow
12-24-2010, 02:16 AM
time to go back to tna

i doubt he will go back to TNA im guessing he will go to Japan or ROH

Travicity
12-24-2010, 03:33 AM
Well his first two Indy dates are set and posted in Indy and one he will be facing a current TNA Star.

mikedudelang
12-24-2010, 04:39 AM
No matter where he lands, he'll be a success. It's a shame for the WWE that it won't be for them as they can use all the talent they can get right now.

Kemo
12-24-2010, 05:15 AM
WOW! What a load of shit! WWE's talent (workers who HAVE talent) is getting as shallow as a redneck family gene pool.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-24-2010, 06:36 AM
I'd rather him an Indy Phenom than get used like that he's freaking great but thye keep people like Ziggler lol.

You do realise Ziggler's had the MOTY this year and had some other very good matches don't you?

but meh who cares he can go back to being "low-key" :P

tapout
12-24-2010, 06:44 AM
Once again WWE doesn't know how to write a program for a small, fast, technical talent. If he were some no skill musclehead he could have had a 6 month push minimum.

Travicity
12-24-2010, 06:45 AM
MOTY Thanks to Daniel Bryan lol that was.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-24-2010, 06:58 AM
MOTY Thanks to Daniel Bryan lol that was.

yeah and Daniel Bryan was also involved in the TLC PPV match and other matches he's had against Kofi Kingston :rolleyes:

Metalitia
12-24-2010, 02:07 PM
TLC Ppv match.

As in the horrendous fuck up of a potentially great match that was the triple threat IC title match?

Ziggler has had some decent matches of course Ive been impressed with him but the TLC match was atrocious and horribly dissapointing. The ending was just the icing on the cake.

John
12-24-2010, 04:20 PM
This is a shame because I truly think Kaval could have been a big asset for WWE. Naturally, Vince didn't use him correctly but used him in a way that he looked at though he couldn't wrestle as he went up against the likes of McIntyre and Reks and lost to them. Although I can see it, I hope he doesn't go to TNA as he probably wouldn't be used correctly there either. Shame.. He should go back to ROH.

Travicity
12-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Lol if he does then you'll probably see him soon :P.

Konan
12-24-2010, 07:36 PM
This is unfortunate I think that Kaval could have been ssomething I think he was a good wrestler, if only they utilized him right.

Travicity
12-24-2010, 09:47 PM
The latest on Kaval's WWE release was that it was more his decision than WWE's.

Kaval wanted to be released from his contract because the company had no plans for him, as demonstrated by the way he was squashed on SmackDown this past week.

At this point, WWE is now more or less granting releases to whoever asks for them and not attempting to keep talent as much as they did last year. Last year, WWE didn't want people jumping to TNA, while right now they don't see them as serious competition.

NoDq

-- Daniel Bryan tweeted on Kaval's release yesterday: Not sure what happened, but I'd always hoped I could face @OneWorldWarrior on WWE TV. He's one of the most talented men I've ever wrestled.

EWN

Y0UR Messiah
12-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Hated him in WWE, glad he's gone. Now he can go back to being a great indy performer.

Konan
12-25-2010, 04:10 PM
The sad thing about "Superstars" these days is that they want all the fame, all the gold now. They don't seem to want to be happy about being part of a awesome company....Old School stars like The Brooklyn Brawler jobbed every week, in Fact the Brawler made a career out of it. if the company see you as a way to progress a younger star or advance a story, doesn't that mean that they have faith in your ability?

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-25-2010, 08:27 PM
haha Brooklyn Brawler. The difference is that they had squash matches back then which don't happen very much now and when it did happen Kaval left :P

But the truth is the IWC smarks give these Indy nobodies inflated egos :shifty:

Flair Country
12-27-2010, 05:34 AM
I was hoping for a long time that we could see a Bryan Danielson vs. Low Ki match at a WWE PPV and now that doesn't look like it is going to happen. Low Ki is one of the best wrestlers ever and has already accomplished more than most do in their entire career. If he isn't on ROH/TNA television really soon then I will be shocked.

bigdadda04
12-27-2010, 07:33 PM
that totally sucks he has all the ability of rey meysterio and that would have been the ultimate high fly ing fueud dumb move wwe