PDA

View Full Version : Updated: Brock Lesnar Interested in Leaving UFC for WM27?/Killing The Rumours

Travicity
12-28-2010, 05:08 AM
Several MMA websites are reporting that Brock Lesnar is rumored to be looking for a way to get out of his UFC contract. Apparently Lesnar is wanting to work WWE's WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year and has been talking with officials from the company.

Lesnar reportedly hasn't talked with anyone from UFC or answered their phone calls since losing the UFC Heavyweight Title to Cain Velasquez last month. Sources also say that Lesnar hasn't began to prepare for his next UFC fight and hasn't trained since losing to Velasquez.

It's said that Lesnar has lost some interest in MMA and has been been re-considering his future in the sport after his loss to Velasquez and the beating he took in the win against Shane Carwin before that.

Lesnar, who is said to be actively looking to perform at WrestleMania, reportedly has only one fight left on his current UFC contract.

Original posted in MMA Section about him and UFC:

http://www.uowforums.com/threads/201851-Breaking-News-Brock-Lesnar-Attempting-to-Leave-UFC?p=899108#post899108

Jim Ross updated his Twitter account today saying: "Updated the Q&A section of http://www.jrsbarbq.com. Lesnar to WWE rumor unfounded. However if it happens for WM27 it would be huge 4 WWE."

PWI

Smartmark
12-28-2010, 05:12 AM
Undertaker: You wanna do this?

:omg:

mikedudelang
12-28-2010, 05:46 AM
I'd bet 1000 bucks that this report is complete b.s.

Lesnar may find a way to be a part of Mania, but he ain't quitting the fight game.

Travicity
12-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Would be interesting to see how this one turns out.

HAR
12-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Lesnar would be a huge money maker for WM with a lot of big stars possibly not going to make it to the event.

Y0UR Messiah
12-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Personally I think Lesnar knows if he tries to leave the UFC, Dana White will do what ever he can to keep him to stay, and that might include a WM appearance. If this is all true from Brock, this it's very smart.

The Mac
12-28-2010, 11:08 AM
ive only seen this on nodq and none of the reputable sites i go on so i dont believe any of it yet lol imo brock is scared to be hit

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-28-2010, 03:34 PM
ive only seen this on nodq and none of the reputable sites i go on so i dont believe any of it yet lol imo brock is scared to be hit

he's gonna make much more money without taking a hit he's smart not scared

Konan
12-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Rumour ? Perhaps royal rumble surprising entry ,

Travicity
12-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Updated with JR's Comment.

Kage
12-29-2010, 02:17 AM
I think after he's retired from MMA for good, he could come back to Wwe. But while he is still young and able to compete in MMA he should stay there.

Travicity
12-29-2010, 10:48 PM
MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani tweeted earlier today regarding Brock Lesnar's ability to appear at WrestleMania:

"UFC boss Lorenzo Fertitta says flatly Lesnar cannot participate in WWE event. 'He's under exclusive contract with us.'"

UFC's stance would also seemingly rule out a special guest referee role for Lesnar.

NoDq