PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE Creative Team Members Skeptical About Tough Enough's Return

Travicity
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Former WWE creative team members Court Bauer and Dave Lagana (who currently works with Ring of Honor) have posted messages on Twitter questioning whether the revival of WWE Tough Enough will be successful. Bauer wrote on Twitter.com/CourtBauer:

"Glad WWE finally embracing reality TV (a decade late).. Tough Enough and reality is a proven GREAT vehicle to launch stars, BUT will WWE consistently commit to this new talent in long run? Skeptical."

Lagana (@Lagana) responded to Bauer's tweet with his own line of skepticism:

"'He just doesn't get it, boss' Six words that have killed more careers before they could develop. Remember all the hype with NXT last year too? Will wait to see on execution."

Lagana added, "I look forward to Tough Enough, but more importantly look forward to the weeks and months after to see what they make of the talent from the show.

As we reported earlier, WWE and the USA Network announced today that the Tough Enough reality competition will be returning on April 4th (the night after WrestleMania) on the USA Network. Tough Enough will air for 10 weeks on Monday nights at 8 p.m. EST as a lead-in to WWE RAW.

LOP

Metalitia
01-03-2011, 11:55 PM
NXT and Maven are reasons why I'm skeptical on it.

mikedudelang
01-04-2011, 02:24 AM
I dunno, John Morrison, Josh Matthew, Kenny King, Matt Morgan and Miz all made it to the top level thanks in part to Tough Enough. Also, I think Jackie Gayda woulda been ok had she not decided to retire to do the whole family thing and Matt Cappotelli is still wrestling after having a brain tumor removed. I figure the WWE has to look and think, if they come away with one or two stars, it's totally worth the investment in programming the Tough Enough.

The Mac
01-04-2011, 02:29 AM
ya but puder was a complete tool and never should have won

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-04-2011, 01:23 PM
ya but puder was a complete tool and never should have won

MMA does that to people too many hits to the head imo

JohnCenaFan28
01-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I think that it got a couple stars from Tough Enough and obviously if they got a current WWE Champion from it then it should be a worthwhile investment. Sure you get idiots like Puder that didn't deserve to win let alone screentime but still you get the chance of having a future WWE Champion from the show.