PDA

View Full Version : 'Strictly' pro Katya Virshilas gets engaged

OMEN
01-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Strictly Come Dancing professional Katya Virshilas has announced her engagement to boyfriend of 14 months Klaus Kongsdal.

The 27-year-old, who survived to the semi-finals with rugby star Gavin Henson in the latest series of the ballroom competition, recalled to Hello how her Dutch dance coach partner popped the question after she returned home ahead of the programme's December finale.

She explained: "I opened the door and there were hundreds of rose petals and candles. My first thought was, 'Oh my God, I forgot our anniversary or something’, because for the past three months I had been so absorbed with Strictly."

Kongsdal, who was introduced to Virshilas by the brother of Strictly star Matthew Cutler following one of the programme's live shows, denied that he had been put off proposing by his fiancee's steamy routines with Henson.

"It was funny, because in the first few weeks I said to Gavin, 'You’ve got to grab her, come on, you’ve got to look like you’re going to kiss her'.

"Gavin was looking at me as if to say, 'Are you nuts?' But I have to say that Gavin is such a great guy that I never had any reason to be worried."

The couple confirmed that they are currently planning to tie the knot in 2012.

DS