PDA

View Full Version : Why Rio Was on RAW, NXT/SD Taping/Matches and Tough Enough Spurs Interest

Travicity
01-05-2011, 06:38 AM
WWE will be taping Smackdown and NXT tonight in Tucson, Arizona. The NXT episode will feature the first elimination of Season Four. Snoop Dog went on his twitter over the weekend to push people to vote for Brodius Clay.

Smackdown will feature World champion Edge vs. Kane in a Last Man Standing match and Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio in a Best of Three Falls bout.

Alberto Del Rio was on Raw last night for two reasons. One, they intend to push him to the moon in the next few months. Two, they are hoping that if they push and "introduce" Smackdown talents on USA, it will push interest to get eyeballs over the SyFy and Smackdown on Fridays.

The Tough Enough return has gotten a lot of media attention over the last day in a number of major entertainment outlets, including Variety, Entertainment Weekly and UPI. Entertainment Weekly posed the question of whether Al Snow would be brought back as a trainer, since he was awesome in that role for the MTV era of that series. WWE responded that they haven't made any decisions on trainers. Snow has been working as an agent for TNA of late.

PWI

John
01-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Personally, I love Del Rio and I think he should be permantly placed in the World title picture, and win the belt. I think he is a natural face, and it wouldn't make sense for them to turn him heel whatsoever, so he needs to stay as a face.. Furthermore, I am glad that WWE is getting rid of the Brand extension, and are letting Raw and SD stars appear on both shows.

Kage
01-06-2011, 12:11 AM
^^Alberto Del Rio is a heel. He has been a heel since his Wwe debut.