PDA

View Full Version : Star Jokes He's One Match Away From Retiring, DiBiase Interview, Punk-Shirt and More

Travicity
01-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Valley 24 in Ohio featured an interview with Ted DiBiase to promote Raw's return to the Youngstown market. DiBiase discussed a number of different topics, including travel, growing up the son of a wrestler, the idea of his brother on NXT, creating his own legacy and more. When asked about injuries, he noted that his personal trainer has constructed a workout based around keeping him injury free and mentioned WWE's advancements when it comes to dealing with concussions, commenting, "WWE does an excellent job especially in the area of head injuries, as far as concussions. I know I was actually slapped in the face one night and it knocked me out. I had a mild concussion and they would not let me wrestle for three weeks to a month. I did other things in the show, but they wouldn't let me perform in the ring. That's the thing, as a company, we take very serious now. We go through a lot of steps, a lot of tests and stuff and we have out doctors who are certified to handle us and make the call. We're taken care of."

CM Punk noted on twitter that he wrestled Jerry Lawler in Memphis last night, which was "bucketlist material." He then joked (I think) that if Steve Austin ever faces him, he'll then be happy to retire, If anyone has a report on the Memphis show, please feel free to send one along.

Speaking of Punk, WWE has released a new shirt for him featuring his latest t-shirt design in Nexus yellow along with the Nexus logo on the sleeve.

WWE returns to the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on March 20th, 2011 at 5 PM. Tickets go on sale January 22nd, 2011 at 10 AM. Thanks to Devin Cutting.

A quick correction. WWE NXT and WWE Afterburn air via Sky in Europe, so they aren't being added to the new WWE deal I wrote about earlier today. I misunderstood and apologize for the error.

PWI

The Mac
01-10-2011, 10:07 PM
so its like the sig ryan made?

Travicity
01-10-2011, 10:13 PM
OMG WWE Are watching us!