PDA

View Full Version : DGUSA News and Notes and Lineups

Travicity
01-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Dragon Gate USA is gearing up for their triple shot in New York City, Philadelphia and New Jersey next weekend and I don't think anyone is more excited than Gabe Sapolsky. When contacted today about the NYC debut, Sapolsky said, ""Going into Manhattan is something we have wanted to do since the idea of Dragon Gate USA came about. This is a huge deal for the Japanese wrestlers, many of whom are wrestling in NYC for the first time. For me personally, there is nothing like a Manhattan show. I think I proved during the ROH shows I booked in Manhattan how important and special they are. I'm really excited to get the opportunity to book a Manhattan show again with DGUSA. You better believe we all want to make a strong impression."

While the plan was not to do a ticket sale for the 1/30 Union City. NJ event at the ACE Arena, DGUSA are currently doing a $5 off tickets sale for that event. "We just wanted to give back to the fans that are going to do all three shows. That won't be a show anyone wants to overlook."

BB Kings has launched a DGUSA page on their website to promote the event at this link.

The DGUSA plan is to run the three shows like a mini-series, with events from one night bleeding into the next. Additional matches will be added to the later shows based on the results and events of the earlier events.

The promotion is currently offering free shipping for all orders at www.dgusa.tv.

The official lineups for next weekend's events:

1/28 in New York City at BB Kings features:

*Open The Freedom Gate champion BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO
*Open The United Gate Tournament: CIMA & Dragon Kid vs. Masato Yoshino & PAC
*Open The United Gate Tournament: Naruki Doi & Ricochet vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano
*Austin Aries vs. Rich Swann
*Jigsaw vs. Jon Moxley
*Jimmy Jacobs vs. Brodie Lee
*Akira Tozawa vs. Sami Callihan
*Also appearing is Reby Sky

1/29 at the ECW Arena:

*Open The United Gate Title Tournament Match: Masato Yoshino & PAC vs. Naruki Doi & Ricochet
*Open The United Gate Title Tournament Match: CIMA & Dragon Kid vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano
*Open The Freedom Gate champion BxB Hulk vs. Jon Moxley
*Austin Aries vs. Akira Tozawa
*YAMATO vs. Brodie Lee
*Jigsaw vs. Frightmare vs. Sami Callihan vs. Scott Reed vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Rexx Reed
*Jimmy Jacobs vs. Rich Swann
*Also scheduled is the ECW Arena debut of Reby Sky
The show will also feature a bonus match from DGUSA as well as a Kajui Big Battel card.

1/30 Union City, NJ debut at the ACE Arena:

*Open The United Gate Title Tournament: CIMA & Dragon Kid vs. Naruki Doi & Ricochet
*Open The United Gate Title Tournament: Masato Yoshino & PAC vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano
*No Rules Match: Homicide vs. Jon Moxley
*Open The Freedom Gate champion BxB Hulk vs. Akira Tozawa
*Brodie Lee vs. Rich Swann
*Also scheduled are Reby Sky, Austin Aries, YAMATO and Jimmy Jacobs.

PWI