PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE Star Works Dark Match Last Night

Travicity
01-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Chris Christensen sent word that former WWE and ECW star Nunzio/Little Guido refereed last night's dark match between William Regal and Percy Watson at the Raw taping in Detroit, Michigan.

Nunzio handled similar duties at the last Madison Square Garden show in New York City after he was helped to help out during a blizzard when only one referee was able to get into NYC.

So, if the company flew him into Michigan, they obviously liked his work in NYC and are giving him a look as a referee.

PWI

mikedudelang
01-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Good for him. I'm sure the ref's make way more than he ever made in ECW as a wrestler.

Smartmark
01-25-2011, 04:40 PM
I always liked Nunzio. I loved what he did at XPW's Cold Day In Hell PPV.

Travicity
01-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I liked him as Little Guido.

Konan
01-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Let his in-ring persona shine through and be a "heel referee"...

Swinny
01-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Well... at least he'd be doing something, but Guido is a great worker and a really underrated guy and I'd like to see him at least get another short in-ring run in the WWE. But if not, I think he'd make a great trainer or something similar, I just think he should be doing something other than refereeing.

Metalitia
01-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Well... at least he'd be doing something, but Guido is a great worker and a really underrated guy and I'd like to see him at least get another short in-ring run in the WWE. But if not, I think he'd make a great trainer or something similar, I just think he should be doing something other than refereeing.

I can see your point but there really wouldn't be anything decent for him to do in WWE except give Chavo a run for his money in jobbing to the likes of JTG.

Another school of thought could be as a former wrestler of a pretty decent calibre he obviously has a good understanding of what happens during a match and to some degree is already aware of the referees responsibilities.

Also as Mike alluded too if WWE were to take him on he'd probably earn a nice salary and you'd have to think if he's any good he could have a longer and perhaps more stable career move than if he came back on a short run as an in ring competitor.

Smartmark
01-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Let his in-ring persona shine through and be a "heel referee"...

That's a great idea!

Or what if he hooked up with Santino and made F.B.I V.2? :omg: