PDA

View Full Version : Full List of Stars Currently Entered into the Royal Rumble

Travicity
01-25-2011, 09:40 PM
According to the WWE website, here are the 28 people currently entered in the Royal Rumble.

Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk
"Dashing" Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
Darren Young
David Hart Smith
David Otunga
Drew McIntyre
Ezekiel Jackson
Heath Slater
Husky Harris
Jack Swagger
John Cena
John Morrison
Justin Gabriel
Mark Henry
Mason Ryan
Michael McGillicutty
Primo
R-Truth
Rey Mysterio
Sheamus
Ted DiBiase
Tyson Kidd
Wade Barrett
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

PWI

mikedudelang
01-26-2011, 01:31 AM
All those names and two of 'em w/ an actual chance to win.

Punisher
01-26-2011, 11:43 PM
I really hope Punk wins, hes got a really good chance to do it out of this list

mikedudelang
01-27-2011, 01:21 AM
To me, giving the winner a title match at Wrestlemania just makes the whole thing boring. I mean, 40 people in the dam thing and you can already name the 3 or 4 people who've got a shot at winning it. It's gonna be friggin' Punk or Cena or maybe a returning HHH or Jericho. I mean, it ain't like Mark Henry or William Regal have a shot. Hell, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and Big John Studd won the 1st 2 Rumbles! Dunno, just doesn't work for me as it is currently done.

Metalitia
01-27-2011, 01:28 AM
To me, giving the winner a title match at Wrestlemania just makes the whole thing boring. I mean, 40 people in the dam thing and you can already name the 3 or 4 people who've got a shot at winning it. It's gonna be friggin' Punk or Cena or maybe a returning HHH or Jericho. I mean, it ain't like Mark Henry or William Regal have a shot. Hell, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and Big John Studd won the 1st 2 Rumbles! Dunno, just doesn't work for me as it is currently done.

Nah I really disagree here.

The winner receiving a title shot at Wrestlemania is what makes the Royal Rumble match for me.

I can definitely see your point especially with an extra 10 entrants. The likes of Primo, Yoshi Tatsu etc are never gonna win it and will likely end up eliminated by someone like Sheamus.

That's where it does still work you see. Whilst yes there is only a limited number of genuine candidates to win, there are also plenty of opportunities for non winning talents to shine and make a bit more of a name for themselves.

I mean fuck my favourite memory of Kane is his dominance in the 2001 Rumble even though I knew deep down that he was highly unlikely to win the thing. It also meant that when he was eliminated it was a big deal you know?

mikedudelang
01-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I can see that. I don't know, my dislike for the whole thing may have as much to do with the WWE's inability to create viable stars as anything. I mean, back in 2001, it just seems like they had more people with an actual CHANCE at holding the heavyweight title for any quality length of time.

Metalitia
01-27-2011, 02:10 AM
If done right though the Royal Rumble can be a great stage to create viable stars.

Take Morrison as an example this year. Not winning it but have him come in as one of the first 5 entrants and crucially lasting until say 32 or something. Give him a few eliminations too but have the main storyline of it being that Morrison outlasted 29 other competitors.

A long stay in the Rumble, eliminating a few and being this years star Rumble story after the winner. So long as there are 29 eliminations with him in there before he gets eliminated then he can say how "any other year I'd have won the Royal Rumble".

That gets him a spot in the Elimination Chamber.

Perhaps even have Miz run out and distract him whilst Riley takes him out from behind to eliminate him.

It'd build Morrison as impressive but also give him that underdog character constantly being screwed out of his opportunity so facing The MIz in a grudge match at Wrestlemania then a cage match at Extreme Rules so Riley can't get involved.

Morrison wins the feud and he's firmly in the main event title picture with everyone remembering his showing in the Rumble and how any other year he'd have won it.

mikedudelang
01-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Nah, you're totally right on this. While I'll always miss the idea of everyone having a chance, I completely get what you're saying.

JohnCenaFan28
01-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for not making the mistake again of listing Dashing as just "Cody Rhodes." Anyway I think there's a certain amount of obvious losers who won't win it, then there are people who could win it and then people you think will win it. Having people who could win mixed with people who will win gives the match enough excitement to me.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Rey and ADR are the only ones likely to win it. Should be ADR/ Punk because we've seen established main eventers winning the Rumble for ages now

Travicity
01-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Daniel Bryan for the final four! :shifty2:

Yea Punk would be a good win.

JohnCenaFan28
01-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Dashing should come in early and last until the final 3.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-27-2011, 05:14 PM
in ur dreams Show or Mysterio will take him out pretty quick

John
01-27-2011, 05:16 PM
All those names and two of 'em w/ an actual chance to win.

Elaborate pleasee.. Personally, I believe that several have a chance of winning (Alberto, Punk, Cena, HHH, Sheamus & Barrett).

mikedudelang
01-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Elaborate pleasee.. Personally, I believe that several have a chance of winning (Alberto, Punk, Cena, HHH, Sheamus & Barrett).

The WWE, with everything that's going on with their stock prices right now, is not gonna have anyone except John Cena headlining Wrestlemania. That means of the people currently listed, Cena and Punk. Then, the WWE can push the triple threat main event of Cena vs. Miz vs. Punk. Just a feeling I have...

JohnCenaFan28
01-27-2011, 05:52 PM
The WWE, with everything that's going on with their stock prices right now, is not gonna have anyone except John Cena headlining Wrestlemania. That means of the people currently listed, Cena and Punk. Then, the WWE can push the triple threat main event of Cena vs. Miz vs. Punk. Just a feeling I have...

Makes total sense.

Metalitia
01-28-2011, 12:17 AM

We're going for very similar main events although I feel they'll put Orton in place of the Miz. Cena and Orton are the copmpanies current blockbuster names and all 3 of Punk/Cena/Orton are are potential winners of the match.