PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Recalls John Morrison's Apology To Him

Travicity
01-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Bret Hart revealed to Right After Wrestling that John Morrison once apologized to him backstage for handing out his sunglasses to children before his matches.

"He came up to me, John Morrison did, and he apologized to me, he said he felt bad and made references to stealing my gimmick," Hart said.

"But the fact that he even addressed it was flattering to me. I don't think it's any different than Rey Mysterio giving stuff to the kids. It's gotta keep moving on, and if there's any kind of connection between his giving the sunglasses away and my giving the sunglasses away years ago, between an old fan and a young fan, I think that's beautiful, I have no problem with it at all."

LOP

JohnCenaFan28
01-26-2011, 02:10 PM
That's great, it's not like The Miz stealing everything that Jericho did and all the stupid internet fans going crazy for it when he blatantly stole it.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Miz copies a number of guys and fails bad

The ShowOff
01-26-2011, 04:19 PM
:no: Miz hate in a thread not even about him.

Anyway Morrison giving out glasses is cool but he needs to get better on the mic :shifty: then ill be a fan of his

ArJay
01-26-2011, 04:26 PM
That's great, it's not like The Miz stealing everything that Jericho did and all the stupid internet fans going crazy for it when he blatantly stole it.

Kinda like how Cody Rhodes is stealing the "Dashing" gimmick from Rick Rude, Lex Luger's Narcissist gimmick and a ton of other "Pretty boy" gimmicks from the past? :wink:

JohnCenaFan28
01-26-2011, 04:53 PM
At least Dashing has a gimmick and he made it his own because everyone ends up basing their gimmicks off stuff from the past but The Miz is just generic heel now.

To not be off topic: Morrison giving out shades is great for the kids.

Travicity
01-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Get him over more with the crowd :P.

JohnCenaFan28
01-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Kinda like how Cody Rhodes is stealing the "Dashing" gimmick from Rick Rude, Lex Luger's Narcissist gimmick and a ton of other "Pretty boy" gimmicks from the past? :wink:

And by the way, Dashing's gimmick is above "pretty boy" in fact, it's totally different.

Smartmark
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Morrison's gimmick is totally different from Bret's. It's more like HBK's to be honest.

But it's nice to hear that Morrison is such a great guy :)

mikedudelang
01-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Everyone steals from everyone. It happens in all walks of life. There are no "new" ideas anymore. It's not a bad thing, it just is what it is.

Kenpachi Zaraki
01-26-2011, 05:29 PM
yeah agree with Brandon Morrison's mic work is ordinary

The Mac
01-26-2011, 05:40 PM
slightly off topic but dashing's gimmick is taken right from luger, the staring in the mirror/tron, and stolen from mantel,and rude definetly, he just made it more modern

as for JoMo it shows he respects the legends that came before him

JohnCenaFan28
01-26-2011, 06:06 PM
slightly off topic but dashing's gimmick is taken right from luger, the staring in the mirror/tron, and stolen from mantel,and rude definetly, he just made it more modern

as for JoMo it shows he respects the legends that came before him

All of them would stare in the mirror, that just goes with the gimmick. None of them had "Dashing" tips, and plus Dashing's gimmick is like theirs but he made it his own. The Miz stole everything from Jericho, the suits and how to execute the promo even down to the tone of voice he stole from Jericho and Jericho's old finisher. At least Dashing didn't steal all of that and he made the gimmick his own, The Miz really comes off as a wanna-be Jericho.

Morrison is someone I always mark for so I'm glad he gives out those shades.

Xan20
01-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Then could we say that Jericho stole the suits thing from Evolution?

JohnCenaFan28
01-26-2011, 07:24 PM
It's not the suits thing, it's the suits with the serious attitude and not laughing or anything.

Smartmark
01-26-2011, 11:44 PM
yeah agree with Brandon Morrison's mic work is ordinary

Mic work doesn't really matter, as long as you're a great wrestler. If you're looking for good acting, watch a movie.

Travicity
01-27-2011, 12:09 AM
In WWE It matters.

Metalitia
01-27-2011, 12:35 AM
It shouldn't ever be a factor above in ring ability but yes unfourtunately in WWE is is arguably more important :(