PDA

View Full Version : Sutherland Honored With Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Travicity
01-28-2011, 01:41 AM
DONALD Sutherland has been honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

The 75-year-old Canadian actor received the accolade yesterday, where he joked the tribute was better than a headstone in a cemetery because he would be able to visit his own spot.

“This marker I can actually come and visit,” he said. “I could get a chair and sit here, or a bucket and a mop and clean it, and make sure that people don’t step on it.”

Donald’s star is located outside the Roosevelt Hotel next to his son Kiefer Sutherland’s tribute.

Though Kiefer was unable to attend the ceremony because of working commitments in New York, he penned a message which was read out by Colin Farrell, who costars with Donald in forthcoming movie Horrible Bosses.

“I selfishly wanted to be there to simply tell you how proud I am to have you as my father and how even more proud I am to be your son,” the note said.

Donald — who has made over 130 films in his five-decade spanning career — previously revealed Kiefer mocked him when he received his star before his dad.

“During the ceremony, Kiefer was saying, ‘Where the hell is yours?’ And it was me saying, ‘F**k you!’ ” he said.

The American Haunting star also admitted he was proud to be receiving the honor so late in his career.

“It’s lovely,” he said. “You’re 75 years old. It’s different from what it is if you’re a young person in the full flush of your career when your future’s ahead of you. My future is behind me so when you’re my age and you go for a drive, you pass the cemetery, you turn and look. You’re window shopping!”

SS