PDA

View Full Version : Elton John Gives Son Hand-Me Downs

Travicity
01-31-2011, 04:42 PM
IR Elton John is dressing his son in “hand-me-down” clothes.

The flamboyant musician and his husband David Furnish, 48, became parents to Zachary Jackson Levon through a surrogate mother on Christmas Day and although the pop star is famous for his extravagant spending habits, David revealed the couple are relying on friends’ generosity for the baby.

“We haven’t spent thousands on clothes and toys,” he said. “All you need is a couple of Babygros and a lot of muslin. Friends are being really great giving us hand-me-down stuff.”

While the doting dads witnessed the birth, they almost missed it because Zachary was born earlier than expected.

“He was early. Our doctor told us not to worry and went on holiday and then the contractions started on the 24th and we rushed to the hospital. In one way it was a good thing because no one was around,” David said.

“We were both there at the birth — 2.45am. We stayed at the hospital for breastfeeding.”

Elton also admitted the birth of Zachary has helped him recover from being rejected by his own father when he was younger.

“You know my father never came to hear me play. Not ever. He was a tough and emotional man. Hard. In the RAF (Royal Air Force). He was dismissive, disappointed and finally absent. I just wanted him to acknowledge what I’d done,” he said.

“It wasn’t that he didn’t know how to relate to kids. He left us, remarried and had another family, and by all accounts was a great dad to them. It wasn’t children, it was me.”

SS