PDA

View Full Version : The Reason Rey Mysterio Is Handpicking Current Feud

A Blissful Ass
02-04-2011, 04:18 AM
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

It was reported Sunday that Rey Mysterio is working through an injury to his rotator cuff. He suffered the injury while working the SmackDown! brand's most recent tour overseas. Doctors advised him not to fly due to an inner ear infection he was suffering from at the time but company officials asked him to work the tour anyway, assuring him that wouldn't have to work any matches. However, he was asked to wrestle while on tour, and complied, only to suffer an injury to his rotator cuff. There was much acrimony over the circumstances that led to the injury, to the point that creative had no ideas for him when his feud with Alberto Del Rio concluded.
Company officials tried make things up to Mysterio by allowing him to handpick his next opponent, which turned out to be "Dashing" Cody Rhodes. Current plans call for the storyline to continue through WrestleMania, with a likely encounter between the two.

Due to the injury, officials are limiting his in-ring work at television and pay-per-view events, as well as house shows. He's contained in tag matches when he does work non-televised events.

Mysterio is said to be hopeful that he can avoid surgery through rehabilitation.

WI

Smartmark
02-04-2011, 04:21 AM
The guys had surgery 5 times in the same knee. When will he take the hint to retire?

The kid fans of WWE will be sad, but the other fans will be happy

ironicicon
02-04-2011, 05:38 AM
The guys had surgery 5 times in the same knee. When will he take the hint to retire?

The kid fans of WWE will be sad, but the other fans will be happy

There will always be someone to replace him. People forget easily.

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-04-2011, 06:53 AM
There will always be someone to replace him. People forget easily.

I doubt anybody can replace him except for Mistico maybe

JohnCenaFan28
02-04-2011, 12:44 PM
YES! YES! YES! That means Dashing isn't canceled! So then why are they moving so slow with the feud? Just have more promos instead of Mysterio having matches...

John
02-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I am so sick of Mysterio.

It's the same gimmick over-and-over again. It's all "Oh. I'm an underdog" and it's soo boring now; it's been happening for 9 years and I can't see how anybody could possibly cheer for this guy. Mysterio is a character that's been running for so long that there isn't anything left to do with him. His Championship reign is only because of a lack of star power on SmackDown, and he should never be Champion again because his "Small Champ" gimmick is appalling. I really don't care about how many times he's been injured, but it's just that he does the same moves and he never does anything different. His matches are so predictable and it's beyond annoying now.

As for Mysterio v Cody for WrestleMania, I am happy about that. There's a great storyline thus far for this angle, and the two could pull off a fantastic "Pass-The-Torch" match. I actually applaud Rey for wanting to push Cody up to the next stage as he is a great wrestler and I've been campaigning for ages about Cody being pushed to the main event. I could make the argument that Cody should have been pushed instead of Ziggler, but they are both fantastic wrestlers (Albeit, Dolph isn't as great on the Mic as Cody and he isn't as good as drawing heat as Cody).