PDA

View Full Version : Del Rio's Thoughts on Mistico, WWE-Mistico Update and NXT Points

Travicity
02-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Going into next week's WWE NXT elimination, Brodus Clay has 5 immunity points while Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis have none. Speaking of Brodus, it appears that Ricardo Rodriguez has taken over coaching him as Alberto Del Rio hasn't appeared on NXT in a few weeks.

Mistico has been looking for housing in Tampa, Florida and is expected to begin training at WWE's Florida Championship Wrestling today or tomorrow.

Several sources are under the impression that Alberto Del Rio isn't thrilled about Mistico coming to WWE. Del Rio realizes Rey Mysterio's WWE run probably won't last another 5 years and he doesn't want any competition in that top Hispanic role.

ND

Bubala
02-17-2011, 11:43 PM
You know Del Rio seems to have an awful lot of chutzpah for a guy who hasn't even been in WWE for a year yet. That's some nerve being unhappy about another Mexican guy such as Mistico getting a job with WWE because you want to be the only Mexican guy in the spotlight. I'm sorry Del Rio is pretty good but he's not THAT good to be making fusses about such ridiculous things, and I certainly don't think he is irreplacable. I'd love to see John Cena wake up one day and decide he wants to be the only white guy in the company or Kingston want to be the only black guy. Del Rio is a real horse's ass.

ironicicon
02-18-2011, 01:47 AM
If it is true then he does come across as a bit of an ass. Rumors should be taken with a grain of salt... whatever the hell that means.

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-18-2011, 04:00 AM
meh Del Rio is safe Misctico can't talk, he'll need to learn the American style so yeah. Plus these two have had issues dating back to Mexico so can understand why he doesn't want him

Smartmark
02-18-2011, 05:22 AM
They put Mistico in FCW? :no:

EPIC FAIL!!!

ANd Mistico is 10 times the wrestler Del Rio ever will be

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-18-2011, 05:24 AM
They put Mistico in FCW? :no:

EPIC FAIL!!!

ANd Mistico is 10 times the wrestler Del Rio ever will be

needs to learn the American style and most important of all learn English :P

Smartmark
02-18-2011, 05:27 AM
^^ Why bring in a Luchador if he is to learn to Rassle? That makes no sense.

And he doesn't have to speak. Sabu went trough most of his career without speaking

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-18-2011, 05:43 AM

And he doesn't have to speak. Sabu went trough most of his career without speaking

yeah but that was Sabu's gimmick after sometime. Mistico has no experience of the US Rey Jr can help him make adjustments

Swinny
02-18-2011, 05:48 AM

He needs the right blend of Luchador and American wrestling in order to get anywhere in the WWE.

Also, it's definitely better for him to know English, even if he doesn't speak, in order to actually plan matches and pick up cues and just know what's going on.

Smartmark
02-18-2011, 05:48 AM
^^ I think WWE needs to renew themselves a bit. And making a Luchador into a Rassler is not the right thing imo

Swinny
02-18-2011, 05:53 AM
^^ I think WWE needs to renew themselves a bit. And making a Luchador into a Rassler is not the right thing imo

Like I said, they need a good blend. He's not going to be able to have a good match with anyone else on the roster, if he can't grasp the American style.

Smartmark
02-18-2011, 05:54 AM
^^ I disagree. There is many people I know he would have great matches against.

Swinny
02-18-2011, 05:57 AM
^^ I disagree. There is many people I know he would have great matches against.

There are a few, sure, but he can't face the same people over and over again. He'd just get much further if he learned the American style as well.

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-18-2011, 06:09 AM
if he doesn't learn the Americans style he runs the risk of not getting over

LionDen
02-18-2011, 07:54 AM
Wow, Del Rio has alot of nerve saying he wants no competition in the top Hispanic spot. I do not like the guy and I do not think he is a good wrestler, I hope Mistico comes in and just over shadows Del Rio from the get go after FCW.

The Mac
02-18-2011, 08:01 AM
ya he may be a legend but he needs to learn what works in america and what the fans like...i think del rio is scared and thats pathetic

Bubala
02-18-2011, 11:48 AM
He needs the right blend of Luchador and American wrestling in order to get anywhere in the WWE.

Also, it's definitely better for him to know English, even if he doesn't speak, in order to actually plan matches and pick up cues and just know what's going on.

Yeah you're right Mistico DOES need to adjust to english, and his new American surroundings. And instead of being a total prick about it Del Rio should be a better man and a better sport and help him out not nudge the guy out before he even gets started. Whatever happened in Mexico between them happened, but the game is different now. At least hopefully Mysterio will give this new guy some support. I always say keep the asshole in the ring, don't take it home with you.