PDA

View Full Version : JR: Lawler and WWE Title, William Regal, More

The Mac
02-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Jim Ross is back with another blog over on jrsbarbq.com. Here are a few highlights from this entry:

Jerry Lawler and his match with The Miz:
"Any one who thinks that it's simply not possible for Jerry Lawler, at age 61 and on a week where he buried his 90 year old mother, to win the WWE title against the Miz this Sunday at the Elimination Chamber needs to rethink their position. It is possible and it damn well could happen. I agree that the King is the underdog going in but what a story for the ages it would make if the WWE HOF'er did win the title. I'm not saying bet the farm on it but IF Jerry Lawler were to somehow, by hook or crook, defeat the Miz Sunday it would be one of the hottest topics around the WWE water cooler in years.

I admit that I legitimately have an emotional investment in this one because of my friendship with Jerry and after seeing first hand what he went through this week.

At least can we all agree that stranger things have happened in WWE over the years can we not?

Miz might not realize it today but Miz will be a better wrestler over the long haul after the learning experience that he will have Sunday night competing with the King."

The underrated William Regal:
"William Regal's brief yet effective cameo on the vintage (ugh) Khali Kiss Kam Monday night on Raw was yet another example of how talented the Brit truly is and why I consider Regal one of the most underrated talents in WWE. He's also a legit tough dude let me assure you

ND

LionDen
02-20-2011, 05:42 AM
I would love to see Lawler win the title at the PPV and then lose it at RAW the night after as I don't think he should headline Wrestlemania for many reasons. Miz could ask for his rematch clause at RAW and win it back.

As for Regal lol he is a champion in my books, been a classic for years.

Metalitia
02-20-2011, 12:54 PM
They look set to have Miz headlining Wrestlemania though so there's no way they should have him lose the title.

They're booking him as a cheating champion who shouldn't really have the belt but actually losing it to Lawler would make him look appalling.

Lawler virtually has the match won when Cole gets involved again and Riley also assists for Miz to retain.

The Mac
02-20-2011, 04:28 PM
I would love to see Lawler win the title at the PPV and then lose it at RAW the night after as I don't think he should headline Wrestlemania for many reasons. Miz could ask for his rematch clause at RAW and win it back.

As for Regal lol he is a champion in my books, been a classic for years.

i think lawler will win tonight and then mizz gets his rematch on raw,cole interfers and that sets up lawler vs cole at WM

John
02-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Concerning Regal, he is genuinely awesome. He is funny, comedic and humours and it's great to see people applaud his comedic efforts. I LOLd when Regal kissed Ryder, and his Tweets on Twitter are even funnier; "I knew Ryder would stand me up!". Regal deserves a push; he's awesome~!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2232/regal.gif