PDA

View Full Version : Update: WWE Offers Contract to MMA Female Cris 'Cyborg' Santos and Phoenix Comments

Travicity
03-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Sources close to Strikeforce Women's Middleweight Champion Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos indicate the Brazilian mixed martial artist is in negotiations with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Two weeks ago, Cristiane attended a WWE live event in California with her husband, Strikeforce fighter Evangelista Santos. She was offered a contract on the spot.

Christiane has not been offered a fight since her June 26, 2010 bout against Jan Finney. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker declined to comment on the matter, but it is largely assumed the promotion has been unable to find any willing participants over the course of the past nine months.

---UPDATED---BELOW---

News broke last night that sources close to Strikeforce Women's Middleweight Champion Cris "Cyborg" Santos indicate the Brazilian mixed martial artist is in negotiations with World Wrestling Entertainment to permanently join the promotion. In an update on the situation, BloodyElbow.com reports that according to a source, talks are in the "advanced" stage as a deal could soon be reached. However, the MMA news site also speculates that those affiliated with Cyborg could be using the claims for leverage with Strikeforce to have a fight scheduled.

Santos has not been offered a fight since her June 26, 2010 match against Jan Finney. It is largely assumed the promotion has been unable to find any willing participants over the course of the past nine months.

Meanwhile, former WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix took to Twitter to comment on the rumors of Cyborg possibly joining WWE.

She wrote, "Rumours of Chris Cyborg coming to WWE are.....Interesting...its easy to dominate in any fighting division without the Glamazon. In WWE? Prepare to humbled by yours truly."

Swinny
03-04-2011, 04:37 AM
Really? Well... this would sure as hell be interesting and it doesn't seem like there's anyone in MMA who can beat her, but... does she really want to go from destroying people in MMA, to potentially job to people like the Bella twins. :shifty: I don't know, I just don't see her fitting in there.

Travicity
03-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Lol she can't not hit somebody :hmm: But Gina would fit more tbh.

Konan
03-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Cyborg vs Kong. No its not a Sy Fy Saturday movie, but the battle for the Diva's Championship.

Swinny
03-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Cyborg vs Kong. No its not a Sy Fy Saturday movie, but the battle for the Diva's Championship.

Haha. Nice.

But yeah, that would definitely be an interesting altercation.

Konan
03-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah right. Can you imagine either Cyborg or Kong wearing the pink and silver glittery butterfly belt? That belt doesn't exactly scream

Travicity
03-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Would be interesting nonetheless

mikedudelang
03-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Bring Cyborg in, put her in the Elimination Chamber with ALL the other Divas, let her kick all their asses. Start fresh with some chicks who can actually wrestle a little.

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-04-2011, 06:14 PM
meh women can't draw

Travicity
03-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Updated with Phoenix Comments.

Swinny
03-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Seems like she may be planting the seeds of a possible feud.

DamienCross
03-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Will be interesting to see if her mma skills can translate nicely over to the wrestling medium, wrestling is a class of its own where theatrics are just as important as holds and stamina, others who have excelled in one have failed in the other, just as some have done well. without wanting to sound sexist, people like Ken Shamrock and Tank Abbott have counterparts who can take the hits and use a lot of skill to put over them whereas the Divas in my opnion dont really have the skills to, especially in these days where it really has come down to being beautiful is more important to the capacity to execute a decent suplex. Hope she does well tho and doesnt come off looking like another 'Zeus' (yeah before anyone says Zeus wasnt a mma fighter I mean in the sense that a 'wrestler' that flopped so horrendously.)

Konan
03-05-2011, 08:23 PM
concur

Kemo
03-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Jim Ross just Tweeted this: JRsBBQ "Don't think WWE has ever talked 2 Cris Cyborg."

The Mac
03-06-2011, 02:07 AM
i dont think she will leave SF escpecially since she has that champions clause, and her husband is also a fighter

Bubala
03-07-2011, 05:13 AM
I don't see how this chick is going to fit in with the Divas' pretty, and precious schtick. She seems too rough.