PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 WWE results in Waco, Tex.: Edge & Rey vs. Del Rio & Rhodes main event

John
03-07-2011, 08:25 AM
WWE Smackdown house show results
March 6, 2011
Waco, Tex.
Report by Jordan Johnson of Fort Hood, Tex., PWTorch reader

More or less, this was a three-match show.

(1) Chavo Guerrero beat Tyler Reks. When these two came out, I figured this would be the least exciting match with the least star power of the night. Little did I know how wrong I would be. I will say, Chavo was very over with the small crowd.

(2) Jack Swagger beat Chris Masters. I don't care for either character and was hoping for Cole to make an appearance. It wasn't too hard to figure out the winner here. Swagger is a central figure in a WrestleMania storyline, while Masters can't get off Superstars.

(3) Percy Watson beat Curt Hawkins. I had absolutely no desire to watch this one and was ready to get up to buy The Rock's new t-shirt, which was available at the merchandise stand.

(4) Kane & Christian beat WWE tag champions Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater via DQ, Gabriel & Slater retained the Tag Titles. The crowd was hot for this match. When I said it was a three-match show, this was one of the three. Kane had the win after a chokeslam, but Ezekiel Jackson stopped the count for the DQ finish. Very good to see Christian back.

(5) Intercontinental champion Kofi Kingston beat Drew McIntyre to retain the IC Title. It was what it was. I'm not a Kofi fan and I haven't seen much of Drew, so it wasn't that exciting to me.

(6) Beth Phoenix & Rosa Mendes beat Layla & Kaitlyn. Layla is beautiful in person. Kaitlyn is very rough around the edges. Beth ended the match with the Glam Slam on Kaitlyn.

(7) Big Show beat Wade Barrett. Match #2 the crowd loved. Wade came out first, with Corre, to huge heat. He helped matters by getting on the mic and saying how no one could stop his group. Show was crazy over. After a ref bump, Christian, Kofi, and Watson (?!) stopped Corre from jumping Big Show. A chokeslam later, and the match was over.

(8) World Hvt. champion Edge & Rey Mysterio beat Alberto Del Rio & Cody Rhodes. (This was advertised as a four-way match, but WWE turned it into a tag team main event. In a funny moment, many of the women were into Del Rio. There is stalling, there is stalling for heel heat, and then there is the stalling that happened before this match started. It got to the point where it wasn't entertaining or annoying, but rather had me questioning money spent on my seats. I've hardly seen Rhodes since he left Raw, but he looked better live than I remember him looking on TV. Edge got the pinfall after a 619/spear combo with Rey. After a fairly lackluster show, this was a good way to send the fans home happy.