PDA

View Full Version : Shelton Benjamin Comments on WWE Return - Possible Return?

Travicity
03-09-2011, 03:20 PM
just got home from a completely unexpected day. Got to see some friends i haven’t seen in awhile. The WWE FANS … for now all i can say is i may or may not be returning to wwe, but tonight was a good time.

Ger

Ook sort of horrible since he just signed with ROH lol.

Smartmark
03-09-2011, 04:19 PM
If he returns to WWE I lose all respect I had for him. He is under a contract with ROH, and could easily be the next ROH Tag Team Champion

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-09-2011, 05:07 PM
If he returns to WWE I lose all respect I had for him. He is under a contract with ROH, and could easily be the next ROH Tag Team Champion

yeah everyone who leaves you lose respect, then they come back and ur like he's the best man in the world. And yeah RoH Tag Title means so much over the WWE :P

Of course personally I dont want him he's a botch machine

Smartmark
03-09-2011, 05:11 PM
^^ I lose respect for guys who jumps ships while they are in contract

mikedudelang
03-09-2011, 05:26 PM

I understand where you're coming from but we'd all do the exact same thing. The WWE is the top of the food chain. ROH is nice and all but there isn't a single guy working for that promotion who isn't going to bed every single night praying the WWE doesn't call em and offer em a job.

Smartmark
03-09-2011, 05:29 PM
^^ I understand that from a money point of view and everything. What disturbs me is that Benjamin and Haas called ROH their new home. They signed contracts and they will probably be the next ROH Tag Team Champions.

I've always wanted WGTT to be in ROH, and now they are. So I seriously hope this was just a one night thing

Metalitia
03-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Why bother all round?

From WWEs point of view they clearly ran out of ideas/motivation to use him and from his, money aside, would you really be so willing to jump straight back into bed with a whore who dumped you less than a year ago?

Konan
03-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Would be nice to see him actually pushed in WWE. So much for TNA?

Y0UR Messiah
03-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Why bother all round?

From WWEs point of view they clearly ran out of ideas/motivation to use him and from his, money aside, would you really be so willing to jump straight back into bed with a whore who dumped you less than a year ago?

I don't know, depends on how good the whore was in the sack.

Swinny
03-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I really don't see the point in him returning though. Well, on his part I do, since the money's nice, but the WWE struggled for so long to find something for him to do, to find something that works, and failed each time. If he comes back, it'll just be the same thing until he gets released again.

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-09-2011, 08:25 PM
^^ I understand that from a money point of view and everything. What disturbs me is that Benjamin and Haas called ROH their new home. They signed contracts and they will probably be the next ROH Tag Team Champions.

I've always wanted WGTT to be in ROH, and now they are. So I seriously hope this was just a one night thing

You actually believe what they say :P

JohnCenaFan28
03-09-2011, 10:30 PM

LOL, you actually think he'd rather be RoH Tag Champion over doing nothing in WWE but getting paid tons more? Anyway, I'd rather him in WWE than anyone that's not CM Punk/Gabriel/Barrett in Nexus/Corre.

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I don't get any of you....

Travicity
03-10-2011, 12:31 AM
I would pick WWE if they actually used him.

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 12:34 AM
^^ Right, cause everyhing WWE does is awesome now right?

My point is that as long as he is under a contract with ROH, be should not be doing this at all.

Travicity
03-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Well quite a few have done it. But I told you dude it's all about going to the bigger promotion same with Daniels.

mikedudelang
03-10-2011, 02:14 AM
This argument is essentially the same as the Rock argument, only most folks are now arguing the opposite side. People shit on Rock for making $15 million per movie rather than $5 million per year with the WWE. To me, success in the entertainment business is based on how much you can make while you've got the chance to make it, not by how many belts you hold or awards you win. In the wrestling business, a business which offers you no insurance, no retirement plan, you gotta be a mercenary. If Shelton has the chance to leave for ROH for what would likely be a low 6-six figure deal, he'd be an idiot not to do so, regardless of where his place within ROH might be.

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 02:29 AM
He would be an idiot if he breaks the deal with ROH

mikedudelang
03-10-2011, 02:44 AM
He would be an idiot if he breaks the deal with ROH

I'm not sure what Shelton made in his last run with the WWE but in 2006 he made $366,000. Say he only makes HALF that amount, you're gonna tell me he should stay in ROH so he can be their tag champ rather than take $183,000? Dude, c'mon. All due respect, you'd break whatever 'word' you gave for $183k. I damn sure know I would.

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 02:45 AM
^^ If he does it all for the money. He should never sign with ROH and call it his new home!

mikedudelang
03-10-2011, 02:47 AM
He should never sign with ROH and call it his new home!

Dude, that's just 'promo speak'. That's like when Hogan says "everyone is blowing up his phone to come to TNA". It's promo talk, not real.

Travicity
03-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Like Generico tried out, Briscoes, Strong, Perkins, Daniels.

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 02:49 AM
It's funny how WWE fans put down other promotions because of the money

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-10-2011, 06:55 AM
The fact of the matter is that wrestlers have a limited life. They might as well earn as much as they can because they are in this to put food on the table not to entertain the marks

Slayer_X
03-10-2011, 06:14 PM
I feel dumber having read all this .

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 06:17 PM
The fact of the matter is that wrestlers have a limited life. They might as well earn as much as they can because they are in this to put food on the table not to entertain the marks

I don't think you and all the other WWE Marks get it.
To wrestle for ROH is a honor. Not everyone gets asked to do that

mikedudelang
03-10-2011, 07:18 PM

How about those of us who aren't WWE Marks? I think TNA is 10 times better than the WWE but I'd be the first one to tell you, if someone like AJ Styles or Robert Roode or Abyss were offered huge money to go to the WWE, I'd be happy for 'em. Would I miss seeing them on TNA? Of course. But it's their careers, not mine. They gotta do what's best for them and their families. The money is all that matters.

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 07:20 PM
^^ My point is. If you sign a contract with ROH at this point, you don't do it for the money

Y0UR Messiah
03-10-2011, 07:21 PM
I think TNA is 10 times better than the WWE

In what crazy world do you live in? TNA is HORRIBLE. Granted, WWE isn't much better but to say TNA is better than WWE...wow...that truly is the most shocking statement I've ever seen...TNA sucks, period. Always has and always will as long as they keep around the old folk.

As far as Benny goes...let him do whatever the fuck he wants. The World runs on dollars and if WWE is will to give him a good pay day. Good for him. Could care less. ROH, TNA, WWE, it's all the same except for who makes more and that would be WWE. So it doesn't matter about "Honor" or any of that crap. You show me a guy who would turn down 1 million dollars to stay where he's making maybe...70 grand...and I'll show you a guy...well...no I can't because no one would do that! If Ben goes it's because of the pay check and I don't blame him. If they gave him enough money, I bet you dollars to door nails, on RAW, he's wipe his ass with his ROH contract. And anyone who says anything different is just fooling themselves.

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-10-2011, 07:55 PM

not everyone's asked cause ROH cant afford em. You think Silkin doesn't want Cena to work him? ur delusional if you think he doesn't.

and wdunn is spot on

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 08:00 PM
^^ Cena would never work for ROH. Silkin doesn't want him there, and neither will the fans or the other ROH wrestlers. Believe you me!

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-10-2011, 08:06 PM
HAHAHAHA then either RoH doesn't wanna make money or ur delusional :P

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 08:15 PM
^^ ROH is based around a whole different concept than WWE and TNA.

Anyway, I don't think Benjamin won't return to WWE anytime yet. I'm still hoping he and Haas will grab the Tag Team straps at Honor Takes Center Stage :)

Swinny
03-10-2011, 08:35 PM
^^ ROH is based around a whole different concept than WWE and TNA.

Anyway, I don't think Benjamin won't return to WWE anytime yet. I'm still hoping he and Haas will grab the Tag Team straps at Honor Takes Center Stage :)

I hope they win them too... so he can sign his WWE contract on them. :shifty:

Smartmark
03-10-2011, 08:56 PM
^^ Benjamin might have worked a Dark match while at a ROh contract. But he is no CM Punk

JohnCenaFan28
03-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Look SM, the fact of the matter is that Shelton lied about RoH being his new home. If some other indy place offered him tons more money to work with them, he'd say that place was his new "home." Benjamin and any other wrestlers' true home is wherever they get the most money. RoH probably gave him the best offer from the people that actually came to him, but WWE will offer much much more and he will go to WWE if they offer him a contract in a heartbeat. I really don't know how you can actually believe that any wrestler would rather be RoH Tag Champion and get paid crap rather than be a jobber/do nothing in WWE and get paid a ton.

Travicity
03-10-2011, 11:12 PM
ROH's Honor went a long time ago.

JohnCenaFan28
03-10-2011, 11:14 PM
At the end of the day, regardless if indy or not, wrestling is a business and money is the most important thing in the end of the day.

mikedudelang
03-10-2011, 11:37 PM
At the end of the day, regardless if indy or not, wrestling is a business and money is the most important thing in the end of the day.

Thank you.

Travicity
03-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Except for some wrestlers like Briscoes who have stayed Loyal :P.

But I couldnt care less where anybody goes lol im gonna be watching them one way or another :P.

Smartmark
03-11-2011, 05:47 AM
There is quite a few of these threads now. Maybe they should get merged?

danniboi
03-11-2011, 06:06 AM
well ROH wrestlers get paid what $100 a match if he gets the chance of course hes going to jump back wish hed come to TNA but.

Smartmark
03-11-2011, 06:07 AM
^^ As I've said many times now. I understand the whole money thing. But what I don't understand is if he breaks a contract.

The Y2J Plan
03-11-2011, 07:34 AM
well ROH wrestlers get paid what $100 a match if he gets the chance of course hes going to jump back wish hed come to TNA but.

I doubt he gets paid $100 a match. I'm estimating his contract has him getting paid yearly an average salary, around 50-75k. If he's still wrestling for that low cash with the guys standing outside the home depot down the street are pulling in more money, he would've retired by now don't you think? He graduated from the University of Minnesota for God's sake.

The whole money thing is being overcalculated imo. He's getting paid enough, or else he would've left. If he stays with ROH, it's because he wants to be happy with his decision and ROH is where that decision lies. If he goes back to WWE, that's where his happiness lies. Wrestling is a profession, and it's just a matter of him personally wanting to be at the top of the food chain at ROH, or more than likely be kofi kingston's rival for 6 months. Money's not the problem, because he graduated, and if there's no chance for him to make money in the wrestling business, he's smart enough to have left by now.