PDA

View Full Version : New Details on WWE's Barricade Movie

Travicity
03-10-2011, 04:02 PM
WWE Studios will begin filming Barricade this Spring in Vancouver, British Columbia with a $5 million budget. The supernatural thriller focuses "on a psychiatrist, seeking to find normalcy after the sudden passing of his wife, who takes his two kids to a remote cabin for healing and bonding. Their joy soon turns to despair when the family is terrorized by unknown forces and the father will stop at nothing to save them from peril."

Emmy Award winning actor Eric McCormack of Will & Grace fame will star in Barricade. This is the first WWE Studios movie that will not star a WWE Superstar. Actors Conner Dwelly and Ryan Grantham are in talks to play the two kids. Barricade will be directed by Andrew Currie and written by Michaelbrent Collings while WWE's Michael Pavone, David Calloway and Lori Lewis are the producers.

LOP

Y0UR Messiah
03-10-2011, 07:17 PM
this actually sounds like a good movie...I think the world is coming to an end...

Swinny
03-10-2011, 08:32 PM
this actually sounds like a good movie...I think the world is coming to an end...

I know, that's what I said too. But... Eric McCormack? Maybe not.

Y0UR Messiah
03-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Would you rather it star Cena?

Swinny
03-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Would you rather it star Cena?

Oh, I just realized there's no WWE stars in it, so... okay, I'll take McCormack over just about any of them.

DamienCross
03-11-2011, 12:05 AM
ok so people go to a cabin and are attacked by supernatural forces......hmmm.....at what point in the movie does Bruce Campbell show up with his boomstick? :P

wwe9112
03-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Might be worth seeing. Maybe WWE Studios is going to start getting more like Hollywood and not just having wrestlers as lead rolls now :).

mikedudelang
03-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Screw Eric McCormick...give me Terry Funk in the lead.

Swinny
03-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Screw Eric McCormick...give me Terry Funk in the lead.

YES. Stick some pantyhouse on his head, give him a chainsaw, and we're good to go.

Y0UR Messiah
03-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Actually one of the few wrestlers that have turned into a good actor is Piper...I could see him in the role.