PDA

View Full Version : Wade Barrett interview - hints at WrestleMania match

John
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
WWE wrestler Wade Barrett recently conducted an interview with Sky Sports in the U.K. promoting WrestleMania and covering pertinent topics in the news leading to Mania.

-- Barrett hinted at a likely match against Big Show in some form at WrestleMania, before qualifying that Corre's involvement at Mania is "not set in stone" yet.

"It's not officially set-up but in some capacity, I'm definitely going to be performing on the show," Barrett said. "I can't confirm anything. I've been feuding with the Big Show for some time now so I'd love to do something with him. I think I've got a score to settle with him and hopefully that will be at WrestleMania. But if not, I'll be involved in some capacity."

-- Barrett was asked if wrestlers were "annoyed" by Triple H's comment on Raw two weeks ago that Hunter has no challenges left in the current locker room other than The Undertaker.

"Yes, I think so. I think a lot of people heard that and maybe were a bit disgruntled by it," Barrett said. "Triple H certainly has beaten everybody there is to beat. He really is one of the best in history. But there really are a lot of young lions coming through at the moment. Triple H has certainly never beaten me. We've never been in the ring together. I would like to do battle with him one day."

-- Barrett also commented on still having frequent conversations with Chris Jericho, his NXT Season 1 Pro, about how to handle himself in and out of the ring in WWE.

"Even though he's not in the WWE at the moment, who gives me a lot of advice. We're constantly texting and calling each other," Barrett said. "As soon as I do something right or do something wrong, he'll let me know pretty quickly. I'm hopeful that in some point in the future he'll be back in the WWE."

The complete interview, which also goes into the Nexus's memorable debut on Raw in June 2010, is at SkySports.com.

Source - PWTorch.