PDA

View Full Version : Trish Stratus Talks About Her Decision To Retire

OMEN
09-06-2006, 10:16 PM
source: WWE.com

In an interview with WWE.com, an emotional Trish Stratus finally revealed the reasons behind her decision to retire, as well as her thoughts on how she got to where she is and her final match against Lita at Unforgiven. Trish was unable to narrow down specific reasons for her decision to retire, instead saying that it was just time for a break.

Trish said, "I've worked hard, and when you combine WWE and my prior fitness modeling, the last decade of my life has been lived on the road...traveling, being away from home and just working," Trish told me. 'I've done all of my growing up…I've become a woman on the road. I just felt that it was time to step back and enjoy the fruit of my labor, take time to stop and smell the roses so to speak."

Also, Trish didn't contemplate leaving WWE until she realized that her contract was expiring soon and she had to think about whether she wanted to sign a new one or not. "It kind of just occurred to me when my contract came due; I had to stop and say wait, let me think about the rest of my life and what I want to do tomorrow," Trish admitted. "I just decided that right now I need a little me time. My decision to leave was purely to take care of me time. "Those other things are fun and I enjoy the challenge, but I'm really looking forward to just getting up in the morning, having breakfast at home, enjoying a family barbecue or going to my nephew's hockey games."

With all that being said, have WWE fans seen the last of Trish Stratus? In the interview, Trish made it clear that while she is retiring for the time being, that doesn’t necessarily mean WWE fans has seen the last of her. "My career has been buoyed by the support of the fans…so whenever the fans feel like they need some more Stratusfaction, all they have to do is let me know. It's just like the Bat signal…let me know, and I'll be there."

Click Here (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/trishrealstory) to read the entire article. In addition to what was posted, she talks about her career highlights.

Also note, another major factor in her decision to retire which she didn't mention in the interview is that she is getting married to her long-time fiancee on September 30.